Stomach Cancer Treatment in India
- The total cost of Stomach Cancer Treatment in India starts from USD 5500
- There is an 85% success rate of stomach cancer in India.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Medanta, Max PPG, BLK Hospital and Jaypee Hospital are some of the best hospitals in India. Some veteran and highly skilled doctors for stomach cancer treatment are Dr. Shoaib Zaidi, Dr Ashok Vaid, Dr Meenu Walia, Dr S Hukku and Dr. Nitin Leekha.
- Patients have to spend five days in the hospital and 15 days outside the hospital.
About Stomach Cancer
Also known as gastric cancer, stomach cancer is a disease where the cancerous cells start to grow uncontrollably in the lining of the stomach. Almost all cancer s in the abdomen begins in the glandular tissue that lines the stomach. Cancer can also spread to other organs beyond the stomach in the later stage of the disease. The progress of stomach cancer is plodding and challenging to identify in the early stages. Adenocarcinoma, the most common form of cancer that affects the stomach, arises in the glands of the innermost layer of the stomach.
Symptoms and Causes of Stomach Cancer
As stated earlier, the symptoms are hard and vague to detect at an early stage. Go and visit a doctor for these symptoms related to stomach cancer.
- Pain and discomfort in the upper abdomen.
- Difficulty in swallowing because of the tumour in the upper part of the stomach.
- Bloating of the stomach after the meal and feeling of fullness after taking just a small amount of food.
- Fatigue, weight loss, and loss of appetite
- Heartburn or indigestion
Some of the causes are:
- Helicobacter Pylori infection of the stomach
- Pernicious Anaemia
- Smoking and drinking
- Intestinal metaplasia
- Family history of adenocarcinoma or gastric cancer
- Diet low in fruits and vegetables
Diagnosis of Stomach Cancer
The various tests can diagnose stomach cancer, which includes a physical examination, blood test, endoscopy, MRI scan, CT scan, Laparoscopy, Ultrasound, and X-ray.
Treatment of the Stomach Cancer
Treatment options for stomach cancer in India according to the stage and spread of the cancer cells are as follows:-
- Surgery: The doctor performs surgery to remove the cancer cell. Partial and total gastrectomy are the two types of surgical procedures for stomach cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Drugs kill cancer cells in the process of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy affects the entire body. Some of the common ways to give chemotherapy may include an intravenous (IV) tube by using a needle or a pill or tablet taken orally.
- Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy to destroy cancer cells using X-rays and other high energy rays.
Before the treatment
The doctor will do the physical examination of the body and will ask about the symptoms and family medical history. Further, the doctor will recommend the most suitable treatment. The doctor will also prepare the body according to the procedure.
During the treatment
- Doctor perform the entire procedure under general anesthesia. Anesthesia makes the patient feel no pain. An anesthetist present in the room decides the amount of anesthesia for the patient.
- Then the doctor makes an incision with the use of laparoscopy on the stomach to perform the surgery. Surgery can be either partial gastrectomy or total gastrectomy. Partial gastrectomy is the removal of a part of a stomach, whereas, total gastrectomy involves removing the entire stomach. Likewise, depending on the stage and condition of the patient, doctors decide whether to remove lymph nodes or not.
- After the surgery, the doctor close the incisions with the help of the operation thread.
- If the stomach is significantly affected causing the blockage, a laser beam passed through an endoscope may be directed to destroy the tumor and relieve obstruction.
- Insert a stent to allow food to pass through if needed.
After the treatment
- The patients who have not had chemo before surgery or after the surgery, chemotherapy is very important. Chemotherapy kills the cancer cells with the use of medication.
- You should only eat a small amount of food after the surgery.
- The procedure follows pain and sometimes unbearable pain. To relieve the pain, doctors suggest vitamin injections for the patients.
- For a speed recovery, you should take a brief break from a normal day-to-day life routine.
- There is strict advice for the patients: Do not carry or lift heavy objects.
- Physical examinations, blood tests, scans are part of the follow-up to see if the response to treatments is positive. It is very necessary to keep a record of the health and condition of the patient.
Factors affecting the cost of Stomach cancer in India
- The cost of stomach cancer treatment depends upon the type of treatment a patient undergoes. One treatment might be costlier than the other.
- The cost also depends on the hospital. Various hospitals have different cost plans according to the facilities and staff.
- The team of doctors also affects the cost. Numerous specialists and the team have different fees for the service they provide.
- The cost of treatment in advanced states like Mumbai, Bangalore, and Delhi is higher than in other states.
I got to know about hospals from one of my friends. My brother had stomach cancer and we got all the arrangements done by Hospals in India. My brother is perfectly all right now.
- Lily Akello, Uganda
For my stomach cancer treatment in India, all the arrangements from loan to air ticket to visa for India were done by Hospals. Very genuine and honest service.
- Ali Khan, UAE
In 2018, my stomach cancer treatment was undergoing in India. Everything went smoothly and hustle free because we trusted Hospals.
- Marco Sultan, Oman
My daughter’s stomach cancer treatment is India under Hospals was successful. I was in Delhi for fifteen days. We received quality services from Hospals from day one till the day we left. Each and every documentation and paperwork was taken care of by hospals. Polite staff.
- Rizya Ahmad Azraf, Kenya
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?