Recommended Doctors for Knee Replacement Surgery View All
Treatment Starting at $4,000Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $4,000
Treatment Starting at $2,500Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $2,500
Treatment Price on request
Treatment Starting at $4,200Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $4,200
Treatment Starting at $8,000Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $8,000
Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India
- The comprehensive knee replacement surgery cost in India starts from USD 4300 (single knee).
- Knee replacement surgery has a high success rate between 80 to 90 percent for almost 10-15 years
- The top hospitals in India known for knee replacement surgery are Fortis Noida, Max Patparganj, Jaypee hospital etc. The most experienced doctors in the field include Dr. Atul Mishra, Dr. Anil Arora, Dr. Sumit Bhushan etc.
- The patient may need to stay in the hospital for about 5-7 days for recovery and two weeks altogether in India.
About Knee Replacement Surgery
Total knee replacement, also known as knee arthroplasty, is a surgery that replaces the damaged parts of the knee, which causes pain and interfere with everyday activities. The most common cause of knee damage is Osteoarthritis, which is the damage of bone and cartilage around the knee joint due to wear and tear or other reasons. Sometimes arthritis can also be caused due to an immunity disorder that affects joints, known as rheumatoid arthritis.
Procedure of knee replacement surgery
Before the surgery the doctors would recommend tests like X-ray and CT Scan to determine the extent of damage.
The doctors operate under the effects of anesthesia and follow these steps during the surgery:
- Make an incision, move aside the knee cap and remove the damaged parts of the joint
- Prepare the joint surface for replacement
- Attach new pieces of artificial joint
- Close the incision after testing the movement of the joint
Types of knee replacement surgeries
- Knee replacement surgery: The most basic and traditional knee replacement surgery, also known as total knee replacement surgery is the surgery where the surgeon replaces the damaged part of the knee joint bone and cartilage with metal.
- Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery: A comparatively new method of knee replacement, minimally invasive knee replacement attempts to minimize the size of invasions and soft tissue damage during knee replacement. It attempts to reduce the size of the invasion to half, thereby reducing post-operative pain.
- Robotic knee replacement surgery: In robotic knee replacement surgery, a robot arm assists in the completion of the procedure. Using a robotic arm helps in accurate positioning of the implant and faster recovery.
Risks of knee surgery
Similar to every other surgical procedure, the following can be the risks of knee replacement surgery:
- Bleeding and Infection
- Blood clots
- Prolonging pain
- Wearing out of the replaced knee
Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India
Robotic surgery is comparatively costly as compared to the traditional total knee replacement surgery. The cost of development of the technology to build a robotic arm is usually high. The factors that help determine the cost of the robotic knee replacement surgery cost in India include:
- Initial Cost of the equipment
- Cost of regular technology updates
- The maintenance cost of equipment
- Availability and supply of the robotic arm
- The usability of the arm for other procedures and operations
Knee Replacement Cost In India
India offers the best-specialized packages individually designed for patients who are traveling to India for medical treatment. World-class amenities, state-of-the-art infrastructure, doctors with years of expertise, and high innovation in technology are some factors that characterize Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India.
After surgery, the effect of anesthesia will wear off, and the doctors will prescribe medications to control the pain. The doctor will advise the patient to test the knee by making the joint to ensure the smooth functioning of the joint. The patient may require a recovery period of 3-4 days before they start walking again with support. For some time, the patient is prohibited to do any high-impact activity that may cause a jerk or sudden stress to the knee joint. The physiotherapist will advise the patient to do some exercise to keep the joint active and moving.
After almost three to six weeks, the patient may be able to resume their everyday activities and walk without support.
I travelled to India last month for my aunt’s knee replacement surgery. We got it done from Max hospital in Delhi, and Hospals handled our stay and other traveling requirements very smoothly. The surgery went well, and Hospals has become a trusted name for our family since then.
- Mohd Sharif, UAE
I contacted Hospals when I was looking for options for knee replacement. After that, I only had to take care of my knee and let Hospals worry about the rest. It worked well in my case as they took care of everything.
- Amulya Ghul, Bangladesh
Traveling for medical reasons is always a challenging task. There are many things one needs to keep in mind. Thankfully, I had Hospals on my side, and I didn’t have to worry about anything. Their packages were the best in range for us, and everything went smoothly.
- Rahman Khalid, Iraq
Dr. Anil Arora performed knee replacement surgery for my dad last month. I am glad Hospals got us the best surgeon in town. The surgery went on without any issues, and so did our travel.
- Khalid Mohsin, Yemen
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?