From Procedure to Cost: Here’s All You Need to Know About Ptosis Surgery
If you feel you have a sagging or drooping eyelid interfering with your vision, then you might need ptosis surgery. It's an operation that is done to tighten the muscle that lifts your eyelid. Although this condition might not cause any serious problems, it might cause tiredness, headaches, and cosmetic problems that affect your looks. Here we’ve discussed a few facts you need to know about ptotic surgery so that you can make an informed decision before undergoing the same.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What are the benefits of ptosis surgery?
Your eyelid position should improve, and your face should appear younger. If your eyelid is obstructing your vision, it should improve.
What’s involved in the procedure?
The procedure is usually performed under a local anesthetic that is injected into your eyelid and administered as eye drops. The procedure usually takes 45 to 90 minutes, depending on whether both of your upper eyelids are being operated on.
Typically, your surgeon will make a cut in the natural skin crease of your eyelid. They will use stitches to strengthen the levator muscle's attachment to your eyelid and to adjust the height of your eyelid.
Also, read - 7 Best Lasik Eye Surgery Centers in India
Are there any complications associated with the surgery?
Like every surgery, ptosis surgery also comes with a set of complications. However, most of them are preventable.
The following are some specific and general complications associated with ptosis surgery.
- Infection at the surgical site
- Allergic reaction to medicines or anesthesia
- Overcorrection occurs when your eyelid is lifted too high; under-correction occurs when your eyelid is not lifted sufficiently, and bleeding into your eye socket occurs.
- Abrasion of the cornea
- Cosmetic issues
Also, read - 7 best eye hospitals in India
Ptosis surgery costs in India
The minimum cost of ptosis surgery is Rs. 24000 and the average cost of the same is around Rs. 29000.
However, the costs can vary based on multiple factors, like :
-the severity of the condition
-the experience and skill of your surgeon
-the location of the hospital
-patient's overall health
How long do you need to recover after surgery?
- After a few hours, you should be able to go home.
- You should avoid getting your eyelids wet, doing strenuous exercise, or bending down until the stitches are removed.
- For a few weeks, avoid wearing eye makeup or drinking alcohol, and keep your face out of the sun.
- For the next four weeks, avoid swimming.
- Regular exercise should help you get back to your normal routine as soon as possible. Before you begin exercising, seek advice from your healthcare team or your primary care physician.
Ptosis surgery produces long-term results. Your face will continue to age, but it will always appear younger than it would have if you had not had surgery.
Make an appointment with your doctor before undergoing Ptosis surgery. Ptosis surgery is available at a plastic surgery hospital. There are numerous hospitals in your city where you can have Ptosis surgery performed. Our health trip advisors will help you find a good and experienced surgeon. Our experts will ensure that the Ptosis surgery goes smoothly.
Also, read - Laser Treatment for Glaucoma
What can you expect after surgery?
The doctor will explain how to care for the eye after surgery. It is critical for the patient to return to the doctor following surgery so that the results can be verified.
Appointments are typically scheduled a few days to a week after surgery.
Sometimes the eyelid will droop slightly or will not close completely. If the doctor notices this, he or she may recommend additional treatment. However, the eyelid is usually in a better position soon after the operation.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are in search of droopy eyelid treatment in India, our medical trip advisors will serve as your guide throughout the treatment. They will be physically present with you even before the medical treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality medical tourism in India to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health trip advisors who will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.