Recommended Doctors for Appendix Surgery View All
Appendix Surgery cost in India
- The estimated Appendix surgery cost in India starts from around USD 1500, depending upon various factors.
- There is a 95% Appendix surgery success rate in India, which makes India one of the most preferred countries for Appendix surgery.
- Some of the experienced doctors in the field are Dr Anshuman Kaushal, Dr. Adarsh Choudhary, and Dr. Atul Peters. The best hospitals are Apollo Hospital, Max Hospital, Artemis Hospital, and Medanta Hospital.
- It is a one-day procedure in the hospital, and patients need to stay for almost three to five days in India.
About Appendix Treatment
Appendix is a tube-shaped sac in the body attached to the lower end of the large intestine. It has no important function in the human body. A person can be healthy without an appendix. Sometimes, appendix inflates and causes discomfort. Thus it becomes necessary to remove it to avoid bursting, for this the doctor performs surgery. The patient recovers very quickly after the surgery and is able to live a healthy life without any complications. Appendectomy is the standard treatment procedure used for treating appendix.
- Severe and unbearable pain in the abdomen and swelling
- Loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting
- Difficulty in passing gas
- Uncomfortable bowel feelings
- Blockage of the opening and the inside of the Appendix
- The clog of the appendiceal lumen
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Presence of an Enlarged tissue in the Appendix wall
Doctors perform a regular physical examination, inquire about the symptoms, medical history, and family history. Usually, severe pain in the abdomen is the clear sign of appendix. Blood tests and urine tests are the two most common tests used to diagnose appendix.
Inflamed appendix causes extreme distress and pain. Through surgery, the doctor removes the appendix to avoid the chances of appendicitis in the future.
- The first step is to separate the appendix from the mesentery. Mesentery delivers blood to the small intestine. Doctors seal the blood vessels to prevent bleeding through electric current from bipolar forceps. Now, the only connection of the appendix left is with the colon.
- The doctors crush the appendix base using clams.
- The next step is to move the crushed appendix towards the appendix’s end. This is done to position a pre-tied suture at the lower end of the appendix for tying it off.
- The stitches are secured properly , so they do not open.
- Here, the surgeon will cut the appendix below the clamp but right above the knot for preventing any form of contamination.
- This is the final step. The doctor, along with the team, inspects the area to ensure there is no internal bleeding.
Appendix Surgery cost in India
Appendix surgery cost in Mumbai: Appendix surgery cost in Mumbai depends upon various factors like the hospital, doctor’s fees, medications, facilities, and follow up care. Mumbai has been doing great in minimizing the cost of treatment and has been successful as well. First-class facilities and infrastructure in Mumbai are the center of attraction. Mumbai has outstanding doctors, hospitals, and healthcare staff.
Appendix surgery cost in Chennai: Gleneagles Global Hospital, Fortis Malar Hospital, MGM Healthcare, and a lot of other Hospitals in Chennai treat appendix successfully. The success rate of appendix treatment in Chennai is very high. Chennai is known for its medical facilities and has some of the highly qualified surgeons.
Appendix surgery cost in Delhi: Delhi provides the best and most advanced appendix surgery facilities. The success rate is almost 100%. If one seeks the most comprehensive appendix treatment in India, Delhi, no doubt, should be the priority. Delhi is famous for some of its reputed and well-equipped hospitals, which provide world-class facilities to patients from all over the world.
I had to come to India for my son’s appendix surgery. I posted all my queries and requirements on Hospals website and even asked for a rough estimate. I was reverted within an hour with all the details. I had to go to Chennai and was received by one of the Hospals members at the airport. I had the appointment fixed on the same evening, and the next day was the surgery. Very quick and best service so far.
- Jasha Shrestha, Nepal
I had minimal time, and my schedule was packed. For my father’s appendix surgery, I chose India. Through Hospals I got priority appointments with doctors on arrival in India and priority admission to chosen hospital. Hospals even arranged for tickets within a day and a medical visa as well. The stay was very comfortable with great food. Hospals team was very active and was taking follow-ups without fail. We had to worry about nothing, and everything was arranged as per the discussion. They even assisted us in getting a local sim card. And the best thing was, we were provided with assistance which was with us throughout the stay. Fantastic service and affordable fees.
- Chinyere Duru, Nigeria
When we decided to go to India for my appendix surgery, one thing that was bothering me the most was the arrangements. In an alien land, it becomes tough to arrange all by yourself. With this looking for the best doctor and hospital was a challenge in itself. You come across multiple problems. Luckily, I got in touch with Hospals somehow and felt the platform as my one-stop destination. The full package under one roof. I only mailed them all my requirements and details, and rest I was told nothing to worry about. Not exaggerating, everything was up to the mark. Best hospital, best doctor, best food, comfortable stay, comfortable traveling, and best price.
- Somaya Misbah, Somalia
I was fortunate enough to be in India under Hospals for appendix surgery. I had some bill issues with the Hospital, and I must say the hospals took all the responsibility and resolved everything. They even helped me a lot in getting foreign exchange and local sim card. They got me India’s best appendix surgeon, and everything went smoothly.
- Zeenat Suleman, Dubai
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?