Top CyberKnife Specialists and Centers
CyberKnife is a type of radiation therapy that uses a robotic arm to deliver highly focused beams of radiation to tumors. It is a non-invasive treatment that does not require surgery.CyberKnife is often used to treat tumors in the brain, spine, and other areas of the body that are difficult to reach or operate on. It can also be used to treat tumors that are close to critical structures, such as nerves and blood vessels.CyberKnife treatment is typically done in a series of outpatient treatments. During each treatment, the patient lies on a table and the CyberKnife robotic arm moves around their body to deliver the radiation beams. The patient does not feel any pain during the treatment.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Director & Head Of Neurosurgery
Consults at: Venkateshwar Hospital
- Dr. P. K. Sachdeva, is a well-known Neurosurgeon in Delhi. A medical graduate from Maulana Azad Medical College, Dr Sachdeva holds an MS from Lady Hardinge Medical College and MCH Neurosurgery from GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Sachdeva brings with him a vast experience of nearly two decades in the field of neurosurgery, neuro spine surgery, neuro-oncology and radio-surgery.
- Besides the body of his surgical work, he is an avid speaker at national and international conferences.
- He has participated in a number of trials in the treatment of high grade brain tumors. He has held the position of a Visiting Consultant at Royal Preston Hospital, UK and has trained in Gamma Knife Radio-Surgery at the prestigious New York Medical School, USA.
- He has undergone training for cyber knife from very reputed centre (Miami Cyberknife Centre) at Miami, USA.
Sr. Consultant - Neurosurgery And Spine Surgery
Consults at: Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- Senior Consultant, Department of Neurosurgery & Spine Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Distinguished Clinical Tutor, Apollo Hospitals Educational & Research Foundation, (AHERF).
- Honorary Medical Director, Indian Head Injury Foundation (IHIF), New Delhi.
- Founder Trustee of KARA Medical Foundation.
CLINICAL CAREER / TRAINING:
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi : Senior Consultant Neuro and spine surgeon on going since July 1996.
- Spine Surgery Fellowship : Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, Stanmore, London. 1995-96
- Senior Registrar/ Registrar in Neurosurgery: Frenchay Hospital, Bristol. U.K. 1991-92.
- Registrar in Neurosurgery: Nottingham University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham. 1984-87.
- Registrar in Neurosurgery: National Hospital for Nervous Diseases, London, 1983.
- Senior House Officer in Neurosurgery: Cork Regional Hospital, Cork, Ireland 1979-80
- General Surgery/ Emergency pre-fellowship training jobs at Senior House Officer level at Harrogate, Huddersfiels and Mallow.
- Distinguished Tutor for AHERF and PG thesis guide for students of the Diploma of the National Board in Neurosurgery.
- MRCS Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Journal reviewer for the British Journal Of Neurosurgery, Indian Spine Journal and Open Journal of Modern Neurosurgery
- Large number of presentations at National and International meetings.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY INTEREST
- First in Asia to use da Vinci Robot for robotic spine surgery in 2013 For which was awarded the British Medical Journal Award in 2014 for the ‘ Surgical Team of the year”.
- Amongst first users in India of artificial disc for Cervical and Lumbar disc Replacement (Bryan Disc) and Interspinous Dynamic stabilization devices before its approval for use in the USA by FDA.
- Amongst first users of Robotic Navigation in brain surgery (ISG) in 1991-92 while working at Frenchay Hospital, Bristol. U.K..
- Part of development of clinical protocols for brain tumour imaging during development of first MRI in 1985-86 while working at Nottingham University Hospital. U.K .
- Collaborating with the Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T) Delhi for development of Tele-metric wireless brain monitoring system.
- Minimal invasive spine surgery (MISS) including microdiscectomy for cervical and lumbar disc disease and artificial disc replacement, and cervical and lumbar canal stenosis.
- Spinal instrumentation for spinal injuries, tumor, Tb and degenerative spine.
- Back pain treatment including Radio frequency rhizotomy for facet joint and sacro-illiac pain.
- Microsurgery and stereotactic surgery for brain and spine tumors.
- Neuro-rehabilitation for head and spine injuries.
- Assistive Technology (AT) in neuro-rehabilitation.
Chief - Neurosurgery & Cns Radiosurgery & Co-chief - Cyberknife Centre
Consults at : Artemis Hospital
- Dr Aditya Gupta, is an accomplished Neurosurgeon, has not only developed excellent surgical techniques for a wide variety of brain tumors, with an emphasis on microsurgery and radiosurgery, but also has special and unique skills in managing patients of
a) Movement Disorders with Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS),
b) Surgery for Epilepsy
c) Nerve and Brachial Plexus Surgery
d) Brain aneurysms
- Dr Aditya Gupta is also an expert in all kinds of spine surgery. He is clearly one of the best neurosurgeons in the country today.
- Sir Dorabji Tata Award, 1996
- Best Research Paper Award, IES, 1999
- BOYSCAST Fellow, President of India, 2006
- Chief of Army Staff Award, 2012
Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana 122001, India
- Artemis Cyberknife Cancer Treatment & Radiation Therapy Center is a state-of-the-art facility located in Gurugram, Haryana, India. It is one of the leading cancer treatment centers in the country and is equipped with the latest technology and expertise to provide comprehensive care to cancer patients.
- The center offers a wide range of cancer treatments, including CyberKnife radiosurgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. CyberKnife is a non-invasive radiation therapy treatment that uses a robotic arm to deliver precise beams of radiation to tumors anywhere in the body. It is a highly effective treatment for a variety of cancers, including brain tumors, lung cancer, liver cancer, and kidney cancer.
- The center's team of experienced and qualified oncologists, radiation therapists, and other healthcare professionals work together to develop personalized treatment plans for each patient. They are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to all of their patients.
Here are some of the key features of Artemis Cyberknife Cancer Treatment & Radiation Therapy Center:
- It is equipped with the latest CyberKnife technology, which is one of the most advanced radiation therapy systems available in the world.
- The center has a team of experienced and qualified oncologists, radiation therapists, and other healthcare professionals who are dedicated to providing high-quality, compassionate care to their patients.
- The center offers a wide range of cancer treatments, including CyberKnife radiosurgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
- The center provides personalized treatment plans for each patient, based on their individual needs and condition.
- The center has a modern and comfortable infrastructure that provides patients with a positive and healing environment.
Artemis Cyberknife Cancer Treatment & Radiation Therapy Center is a leading cancer treatment center in India that provides comprehensive care to patients with a variety of cancers. It is equipped with the latest technology and expertise to offer patients the best possible chance of recovery.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi - 110076. India Ph:011-26925858 011-29871090/1091ew Delhi, India
- A breakthrough technology in treatment of cancer, a non-invasive alternative to surgery, the Apollo Hospitals Group has introduced the most advanced CyberKnife Robotic Radio Surgery System in the Asia Pacific. First and only robotic radiosurgery device in the world that minimizes exposure to nearby healthy tissue while treating tumors anywhere in the body. CyberKnife procedure precisely directs stronger radiation doses to the targeted region with sub-millimeter accuracy. It brings an unparalleled approach to treating inoperable cancers such as tumor located in critical parts of brain and spinal cord. CyberKnife surgery is not only a comparatively safer alternative to radiation but it also helps in keeping real-time track of tumor cells and consists of advanced imaging for further treatment planning.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi is a multi-specialty tertiary acute care hospital with 710 beds and one of the most sought after destinations in Asia for healthcare.
- A state-of-the art modern facility in the heart of the capital, it is spread over 15 acres and has a built-up area of over 600,000 square feet.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi is a flagship hospital of the Apollo Hospitals Group that epitomises the clinical excellence that the Apollo Group stands for.
- Clinical excellence aims at the best clinical outcomes for patients.
- Achieving the best clinical outcomes for the most complex diseases requires the best staff supported by latest technology and standardized processes..
- It engage the best consultants through a rigorous credentialing and privileging process who are supported by the best healthcare staff.
- Regular training programs, conferences and continuing medical education programs are undertaken to keep the staff abreast with the latest developments in their fields.
- It has the latest and Best-in-Class medical technologies like PET- MR, PET-CT, Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, BrainLab Navigation System, Portable CT Scanner, NovalisTx, Tilting MRI, Cobalt based HDR Brachytherapy, DSA Lab, Hyperbaric Chamber, Fibroscan, Endosonography, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner to provide world-class care
- That Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals became the first hospital in India to be JCI accredited in 2005 stands testimony to our standardized processes.
- It is also became the first hospital to be reaccredited in 2008 and 2011. It has NABL accredited clinical laboratories and a state of the art blood bank.
Sector 18, Dwarka, New Delhi, India, India
- At Venkateshwar Hospital, state of the art technology and dedicated medical practitioners have been brought together under one roof for giving ethical medical care. Equipped with the most modern equipments and Information Technology, our practitioners work together as a team to provide the best possible treatment to our patients.
- Surgery is the primary treatment of choice in many early-stage cancers. Removal of tumour by surgery is a fast and the most effective way to eradicate the disease.
- Our surgical oncologists are highly experienced and trained for difficult cancer surgeries. They play a vital role in every sphere of cancer care; from diagnosing, staging, treatment, following up and supportive care.To start treatment, our surgeons access the tumour directly by FNAC or perform needle biopsy under image guidance for tissue diagnosis. gives biological knowledge and correct staging of the disease.
- Complete staging helps to plan further treatment and forecasting expected outcomes and the overall result of treatment. A better understanding of tumour biology and revolutionary developments in radiation oncology and medical oncology has enabled a shift from radical surgery to lesser radical surgery with an emphasis on preserving organs, their good functioning and post-operative morbidity. Our nutritionists, physiotherapists and clinicians work together to support healing and improving quality of life.
- Oral Cancer Surgeries
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgeries (Thyroid, Parathyroid, Laryngeal & Other Cancers)
- Craniofacial Surgeries
- Thoracic Surgeries for Lungs & Esophageal Cancers
- Radical Surgeries for Urogenital Cancers
- Bone & Soft Tissue Sarcoma Surgeries
- Reconstructive & Oncoplastic Surgeries
- Chemoport Insertion
- Sentinel Node Biopsy & Frozen Section
- Guided Core Needle Biopsies