What to expect after Radiation Treatment for Prostate Cancer?
The prostate is basically a small gland present that is in the shape of a walnut. The main function of the prostate gland is to produce seminal fluid that helps nourish and transportation of the sperm. There are several prostate-related issues that men suffer from, and inflammation of the prostate gland is one of them but these days prostate cancer has also become an area of concern.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Some warning signs and symptoms of prostate cancer
Symptoms of prostate cancer can vary from person to person as it depends upon the severity of the condition and the spread of cancer. It is seen that initially there are no particular warning signs of prostate cancer but as the condition gets worse people start to show some warning signs and symptoms. It is necessary to know the warning signs beforehand so that one can see medical help when required.
Some of the symptoms of prostate cancer might include:
- Bone pain
- Trouble in urination
- Blood in urine
- Sudden weight loss
- Erectile dysfunction
- Blood in semen
- Frequent urination
- Abdominal pain
- Odor in urine
- Pain while urination
Also, read - Can Cancer Symptoms appear suddenly?
Risk factors associated with prostate cancer
There are several factors that can be associated with prostate cancer. Some of them might include:
- The risk of getting prostate cancer increases when a person gets old. It's seen that people who are above 45 years old are at risk of having prostate cancer.
- Lifestyle also plays a major role in the case of prostate cancer. People who have a sedentary lifestyle or an inactive lifestyle seem to be at a greater health risk.
- Diet also plays a huge role when it comes to health. People who consume sugar and take a lot of cholesterol-rich food are at a higher risk of having prostate cancer.
- People who have a family history of prostate cancer are also more susceptible to it as they have a higher chance of developing it themselves.
- Further, it is seen that men who are linked with Lynch syndrome are also more vulnerable to prostate cancer.
Also, read - Oncology Test List
Radiation treatment for prostate cancer
Early diagnosis of prostate cancer provides better treatment opportunities. The effect of medicine and treatment such as radiation therapy is more when the cancer is in its early stages. In Radiation therapy, the doctor uses radiation in order to kill the cancerous cell and prevent them from growing and spreading to other organs. External Radiation therapy uses a procedure in which the machine emits radiation to the cancer cells but targets a specific area so that they are minimal health issues.
During the radiation session the doctor
- The patient is asked to lie down in a position that is required for a specific radiation simulation session.
- Then the patient is positioned with the specific Immobilization devices in order to hold the patient in a particular position so that therapy sessions are performed to the target at session only.
- Then the machine is rotated around the body in order to deliver radiation from different directions so that it reaches all the cancerous cells.
- The procedure is not painful and the team has years of experience in such an area.
Also, read - Lung Carcinoid Tumours vs Common Lung Cancers
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are looking for any kind of prostate cancer surgery in India or prostate cancer treatment then be assured, that we will assist you and guide you throughout your treatment in India and will be physically present with you even before it begins.
The following will be provided to you:
- Expert physicians, doctors, expert oncologists, healthcare professionals, and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated assistance and support
- Prior appointments with specialists and follow-up queries
- Assistance with medical tests
- Assistance with radiation therapy
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Travel arrangements
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
Our team offers the highest quality health tourism and assists our patients throughout their course of treatment. We have a team of highly qualified and dedicated health professionals that will assist you in your medical journey.