Fortis Hospitals' Comprehensive Hematology Care
What is Haematology?
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
The Fortis Hospitals Hematology Department offers a variety of diagnostic services to detect blood disorders. These services include:
1. Complete Blood Count (CBC): A CBC test is a blood test that measures various components of blood, such as red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Blood counts are used to diagnose blood disorders such as anaemia and leukaemia.
2. Coagulation test: A coagulation test is a blood test that measures the time it takes for blood to clot. This test is used to diagnose bleeding disorders such as haemophilia.
3. Bone marrow biopsy: A bone marrow biopsy is a test in which a small sample of bone marrow is taken from the patient's hip bone. The samples are then examined under a microscope to diagnose blood disorders such as leukaemia and lymphoma.
4. Genetic testing: A genetic test is a blood test that analyses a patient's DNA to diagnose blood disorders such as sickle cell anaemia.
Fortis Hospitals' Hematology departments offer a variety of treatment options for the treatment and management of blood disorders. These treatment options are as follows:
1. Blood transfusion: Blood transfusion is the process by which a patient is given blood from a donor to replace blood lost due to surgery, injury, or illness. Blood transfusion is used to treat blood disorders such as anemia and bleeding disorders.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses drugs to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy is used to treat blood cancers such as leukaemia and lymphoma.
3. Bone marrow transplantation: Bone marrow transplantation is a procedure in which a patient's damaged bone marrow is replaced with healthy bone marrow from a donor. Bone marrow transplantation is used to treat blood disorders such as leukaemia and lymphoma.
4. Clotting factor replacement therapy: Clotting factor replacement therapy is a treatment that replaces missing clotting factors in people with bleeding disorders such as haemophilia.
The Fortis Hospitals Hematology Department offers a variety of preventative measures to help patients manage their blood disorders. These precautions include:
1. Regular checks: Regular examinations are essential to ensure that patients with blood disorders are being treated appropriately.
2. Lifestyle changes: Lifestyle changes such as a healthy diet and regular exercise can help patients manage blood disorders.
3. Regular screening for blood disorders: Regular screening helps in early diagnosis of hematologic disorders, allowing early intervention and treatment.
Voices from doctors and staff
Fortis Hospital's Hematology physicians and staff are highly qualified and experienced. They are trained in the latest Haematology care techniques and techniques and have a proven track record of providing quality patient care. Our doctors and staff strive to provide individualised care and treatment, taking into account individual needs and preferences.
The Fortis Hospitals Hematology Department provides emergency services to patients with acute haematological disorders. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day and consist of a team of experienced doctors and staff trained to handle emergencies.
Blood disease diagnostic service
Fortis Hospitals' Hematology departments offer a wide range of diagnostic services for the accurate diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of blood disorders. The department has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to perform various diagnostic tests such as blood tests, bone marrow aspirate and biopsy, coagulation tests, flow cytometer, etc. These tests help identify the underlying cause of blood disorders and provide doctors with valuable information for effective treatment planning. Treatment options for blood disorders
Fortis Hospitals' Haematology
departments offer treatment options for a variety of blood disorders, including medications, blood transfusions, bone marrow transplants, and chemotherapy. The department's team of experts works with each patient to create an individual treatment plan based on their specific needs and medical history. We also provide guidance and support throughout the treatment process to help patients manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life.
Preventive measures for blood diseases
Prevention is always better than cure and the same is true for blood diseases. The Fortis Hospitals Hematology Department offers a variety of preventative measures to reduce the risk of blood disorders. This includes regular check-ups, healthy lifestyle changes, and more. For example, quitting smoking, maintaining a healthy weight, staying physically active, and avoiding exposure to environmental toxins.
Emergency services for acute haematological disorders
Fortis Hospitals provides comprehensive Haematology care services, as well as emergency services for patients with acute haematological disorders. The division has a dedicated team of specialists available 24/7 to provide immediate medical care and support to patients with life-threatening blood disorders. This ensures that patients receive prompt medical care and receive appropriate treatment in a timely manner.
Blood disorders can have a significant impact on a patient's quality of life and can even be life-threatening if left untreated. Fortis Hospitals Hematology Department provides comprehensive care services for patients with blood disorders, including diagnostic services, treatment options and preventative measures. The department's team of experts strives to provide individualized care and support for each individual patient and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure the best possible care. If you or someone you know is suffering from a blood disorder, the Hematology Department at Fortis Hospital is a good place to seek treatment.