7 key medical check-ups everyone should have annually
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
1. Physical examination:
A comprehensive assessment of your overall health is paramount. During this exam, the doctor will evaluate your vital signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure, listen to your heart and lungs, and look for any unusual signs on your body. This is your chance to discuss any health concerns, no matter how minor they seem. Regular physical exams ensure that you're maintaining a healthy lifestyle and can catch potential health issues before they become severe.
2. Blood pressure measurement:
High blood pressure, often termed the "silent killer," can lead to severe complications like heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems. It's essential to have your blood pressure checked annually, even if you feel fine. Early detection and management can prevent these complications and ensure your heart remains healthy.
3. Blood tests:
These tests are a window into the functioning of your body. They can reveal vital information about your heart health, kidney and liver function, and blood sugar levels. For instance:
- Cholesterol Test: High cholesterol levels can lead to heart diseases. Regular checks can help manage and reduce these levels, ensuring a healthy heart.
- Blood Sugar Test: This test is crucial for detecting diabetes early. Early management can prevent complications like nerve damage and vision problems.
4. Eye examination:
Your eyes are not just the window to your soul but also an indicator of your overall health. Regular eye exams can detect problems like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and even diabetes. Ensure you get a comprehensive eye exam, which includes a vision check and an examination of the inner structures of your eyes.
5. Dental check-up:
Oral health often mirrors your body's general health. Regular dental check-ups can prevent gum diseases, which are linked to heart diseases and diabetes. Moreover, dentists can detect early signs of oral cancer, a condition that's treatable if caught early.
6. Mammogram (for women):
Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. An annual mammogram can detect tumors that are too tiny to feel and can spot cancers before symptoms develop, making treatment more successful.
7. Colonoscopy (starting at age 50 or earlier based on risk):
Colorectal cancer is a leading cause of cancer deaths, but it's preventable. A colonoscopy can find and remove polyps before they turn cancerous. If you're 50 or older, or have a family history, make this test a priority.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you're on the lookout for treatment in India, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, and Turkey, let Healthtrip be your compass. We will serve as your guide throughout your medical treatment. We'll be by your side, in person, even before your medical journey commences. The following will be provided to you:
- Connect with renowned doctors from a network spanning 35+ countries and access the world's largest health travel platform.
- Collaboration with 335+ top hospitals , including Fortis and Medanta.
- Comprehensive treatments from Neuro to Cardiac to Transplants, Aesthetics, and Wellness.
- Post-treatment care and assistance.
- Teleconsultations at $1/minute with leading surgeons.
- Trusted by 44,000+ patients for appointments, travel, visa, and forex assistance.
- Access top treatments and packages, such as Angiograms and many more.
- Gain insights from genuine patient experiences and testimonials.
- Stay updated with our medical blog.
- 24/7 unwavering support, from hospital formalities to travel arrangements or emergencies.
- Pre-scheduled specialist appointments.
- Prompt emergency assistance, ensuring safety.
Our success stories
Health is the canvas on which the art of life is painted. By embracing these pivotal check-ups, we not only safeguard ourselves from potential ailments but also ensure that our canvas remains vibrant and resilient. Prioritize your health, for it's the foundation of all adventures yet to come.