AIIMS Hospital: Advanced Radiology and Imaging Services
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
- Computed tomography (CT): CT scans use X-rays to create detailed images of the body. They are used to diagnose a wide variety of conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): MRI scans use a strong magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the body. They are used to diagnose a wide variety of conditions, including cancer, neurological disorders, and musculoskeletal problems.
- Positron emission tomography (PET): PET scans use a radioactive tracer to create images of the body's metabolic activity. They are used to diagnose cancer, heart disease, and other conditions.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound uses sound waves to create images of the body. It is a non-invasive procedure that is often used to diagnose pregnancy, heart disease, and other conditions.
AIIMS also offers a number of specialized imaging services, including:
- Interventional radiology: Interventional radiologists use imaging techniques to guide minimally invasive procedures. These procedures can be used to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- Cardiac imaging: AIIMS offers a comprehensive range of cardiac imaging services, including CT angiography, MRI angiography, and echocardiography. These services are used to diagnose and assess heart disease.
- Neuroimaging: AIIMS offers a comprehensive range of neuroimaging services, including CT scans, MRI scans, and PET scans. These services are used to diagnose and assess neurological disorders.
AIIMS's radiology and imaging services are provided by a team of highly experienced and skilled radiologists. The radiologists are supported by a state-of-the-art imaging infrastructure, including some of the most advanced imaging machines in India.
AIIMS's radiology and imaging services are available to patients from all over India. Patients can be referred to AIIMS by their doctor or they can self-refer. AIIMS also offers a number of outreach programs that bring its imaging services to underserved communities.
If you are looking for advanced radiology and imaging services, AIIMS is a great option. AIIMS has a team of experienced radiologists and a state-of-the-art imaging infrastructure. AIIMS's imaging services are available to patients from all over India.
- AIIMS has a long history of excellence in radiology and imaging. The department was established in 1956 and has since been at the forefront of technological innovation. AIIMS was one of the first hospitals in India to acquire CT scanners, MRI scanners, and PET scanners.
- AIIMS's radiology and imaging services are highly specialized. The department has a team of radiologists who are experts in a wide range of imaging modalities. The radiologists are also supported by a team of technologists who are trained to operate the latest imaging equipment.
- AIIMS's radiology and imaging services are available to patients from all over India. The department has two main locations: the Main Hospital in New Delhi and the JPN Apex Trauma Centre in New Delhi. AIIMS also has a number of outreach centers that provide imaging services to underserved communities.
- AIIMS is a leader in the development of new imaging technologies. The department has a strong research program that is focused on developing new imaging techniques and applications. AIIMS has been involved in the development of several new imaging technologies, including:
PET-CT: This is a hybrid imaging modality that combines the benefits of PET and CT scans. PET-CT scans are used to diagnose cancer and other diseases.
MR spectroscopy: This is a technique that uses MRI to measure the chemical composition of tissues. MR spectroscopy is used to diagnose a variety of diseases, including brain tumors and Alzheimer's disease.
Interventional radiology: This is a subspecialty of radiology that uses imaging techniques to guide minimally invasive procedures. Interventional radiologists use a variety of imaging techniques, including CT, MRI, and ultrasound, to guide procedures such as biopsies, stent placements, and embolizations.
AIIMS is committed to providing high-quality radiology and imaging services to all patients. The department has a number of programs in place to ensure that all patients receive the same high level of care, regardless of their socioeconomic status. These programs include:
- A free imaging service for patients from underserved communities.
- A financial assistance program for patients who cannot afford to pay for imaging services.
- A patient education program that teaches patients about imaging procedures and their results.
AIIMS is a global leader in radiology and imaging. The department has a strong international reputation and is a member of several international radiology societies. AIIMS radiologists regularly attend international conferences and publish their research in leading radiology journals.
Here are some of the specific benefits of getting radiology and imaging services at AIIMS:
- You will be treated by a team of experienced and skilled radiologists.
- You will have access to the latest imaging technology.
- Your imaging studies will be interpreted by a team of radiologists who are experts in your specific condition.
- You will receive a personalized treatment plan based on the results of your imaging studies.