Recommended Doctors for Radiation Therapy View All
Treatment Starting at $1,000Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $1,000
Treatment Price on request
Treatment Starting at $3,500Free Text Consult
Treatment Starting at $3,500
Treatment Price on request
Treatment Price on request
Radiation Therapy cost In India.
- The estimated total Radiation Therapy cost in India is around USD 3,500, depending upon various factors.
- There is 80% of the radiation therapy success rate in India.
- Some of the experienced doctors in the field are Dr Anusheel Munshi, Dr Kalyan Bhattacharya, Dr. S Hukku and Dr Tijendra Kataria. The best hospitals are Manipal Hospital, BLK Hospital, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Medanta Hospital, and Artemis Hospital.
- It is almost a twenty days procedure, and patients need to stay for nearly a month in India.
About Radiation Therapy
Radiotherapy involves the use of high beam radiations, like x-rays, gamma rays, or beams of subatomic particles to kill cancer cells. Radiotherapy can be both internal and external. It damages the DNA inside the tumour cells, destroying their ability to reproduce. It also harms the normal cells, but they can repair, unlike cancer cells.
It takes around fifteen minutes per session and is often done in combination with chemotherapy, when cancer reaches the other parts of the body.
Benefits of Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is useful for almost all types of cancers like brain cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer, and so on.
When surgeons have to remove tumours, with the use of radiation therapy, the tumour shrinks. This procedure reduces the amount of normal tissue the surgeon will now remove during the surgery.
It also reduces the chances of bone fracture when cancer has spread to the bones.
Radiation Therapy is also useful in reducing the pain,fatigue, shortness of breath etc which are a result of cancer.
Radiation Therapy Procedure
External Radiation Therapy
- First of all, the radiation oncologist makes a treatment plan and decides the dose of radiation with the number of treatment sessions. The oncologist might make tiny marks on the patient's skin to make sure that they receive radiation therapy on the same spot every time. Or, the oncologist will implant gold fiducials, as the alternative method, in the body to hit the exact spot during each session. This technique reduces the risk of damaging healthy tissues.
- Now, when the patient enters the room, the therapist will check the spots and cover the body with special blocks and shields. The patient should remain still during the entire session.
- The therapist will position the patient on the machine, and he will operate the treatment machine from another room with the help of a monitor. Their audio and video connection allows the patient and the doctor to communicate. The machine rotates around the patient and makes a buzzing sound.
- The radiation therapy treatment is painless and only requires the patient to remain calm and composed.
- The session lasts for about ten to thirty minutes.
Internal Radiation Therapy (Brachytherapy)
This involves the insertion of radiation directly into the cancer cells, called seed implantation. The oncologist delivers a high dose of radiation directly where the tumour is present, thus protecting the healthy tissues. The oncologist might leave the radioactive material (called seed) inside the body depending upon the type of cancer. The work of the material is to release the radiation to kill tumours. It is a safe procedure.
Radiation therapy cost in India
Radiation Therapy cost in Mumbai: For several reasons, Mumbai is the best option for cancer treatments in India. Many medical tourists prefer Mumbai over any other state or city when it comes to the treatment of cancer. Nominal rates, technological advancements, expert diagnosis, and many renowned hospitals are the reasons. Other than that, Mumbai has one of the best healthcare workers in India. Radiation Therapy cost in Mumbai is around USD 3,500.
Radiation Therapy cost in Chennai: Chennai has many hospitals with a high success rate of cancer treatment. With the designation of “medical hub of India,” Chennai has time and again proved the status to be apt. Chennai is turning more towards advanced ways of treatment to match the highest standards of the medical world. Radiation Therapy cost in Chennai is around USD 3,300.
Radiation Therapy cost in Delhi: Delhi is known for its modern equipped hospitals, which provide the best medical facilities to patients from all over the world. Especially in the field of cancers and tumors, Delhi’s medical services are unsurpassable. The success rate of cancer treatment in Delhi is very high. Radiation Therapy cost in Delhi is around USD 3,600.
I was in India for a month for the treatment of breast cancer under Hospals. My Oncologist suggested radiation therapy as one of the best options to treat breast cancer. As a medical tourist, I could not have put all my trust on any other platform other than Hospals. The platform takes responsibility for its clients from day one till the day you leave, with the best services possible. From every appointment to every session, Hospals took proper care of me. I would suggest everyone skeptical about choosing the right medical platform.
- Daisy Ken, Australia
With the unsuccessful treatment of liver cancer back in Iran, I was suggested India for the treatment and Hospals as well. I visited their website and was quite impressed with the services they offer. After a thorough discussion with the team, I was ready to travel to India, and Hospals took care of everything. I got the visa letter within three days. I was under the best Oncologist suggested by Hospals. Everything went smoothly and well. I am recovering and better than before.
- Albari Kasn, Sudan
Hospals was my best choice as a medical guide for cancer treatment in India. They were very particular about suggesting only the best hospitals and doctors to the clients. Under hospals, you don’t have to worry about anything. They were great moral support as well for me and my family. Very positive people and very polite and professional staff.
- Daniel Mor, Kenya
From day one till the day we left, Hospals was with us throughout. Without Hospals, it would have been tough for us in India to manage everything on our own. Hospals was a savior for me and my family in our hard times. It is the best medical guidance platform I have come across so far.
- Mustafa kamal, UAE
How It Works
Need help in organizing medical travel to India?