What is biliary cirrhosis, its symptoms and probable causes?
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Initially, there are no warning signs or symptoms of biliary cirrhosis. But as disease advances and reaches its later stages it shows several symptoms that are quite noticeable and cannot be ignored. Some of the common symptoms and signs of biliary cirrhosis may be:
- Itchy skin
- Excruciating pain in the abdominal area
- Swelling in spleen
- Muscle and joint pain
- Dryness in eyes and mouth
- Sudden weight loss
- Build up of fluid in the abdomen
- High blood sugar
- High cholesterol level
- Weakness in the bones that leads to fracture
- Swollen ankles and feet
- Fatty deposits on the skin especially around the eyes, eyelids, palms, elbow and knees
- Skin darkening or hyper pigmentation
Some probable causes:
The primary cause of biliary cirrhosis is unknown but according to several experts autoimmune disease plays a huge role in this disease. As mentioned earlier, environmental and genetic factors trigger an autoimmune response that may cause biliary cirrhosis. Further, other conditions such as inflammation of the liver is also responsible for this disease. The inflammation causes scarring of the liver that spreads to the Bile duct and damages it which eventually leads to liver failure. Also according to research certain types of white blood cells or T lymphocytes get accumulated in the liver that destroys the healthy cells mistakenly. The primary function of T- Lymphocytes is to fight against germs, bacteria and viruses but in such cases it destroys the healthy cells of the body by mistake.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are looking for Internal medicine and gastroenterology treatment in India then be assured as our team will assist you and guide you through the entire process of your medical treatment.
The following will be provided to you:
- Expert gastroenterologist, general surgeon, physician and doctors
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated assistance at all times
- Prior appointments with specialists and follow up queries
- Assistance with medical tests
- Assistance in follow up queries
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Assistance with therapies
- Travel arrangements
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
Our team offers you the best quality health trips and after care for our patients. Further, we have a team of dedicated health personnel who are available and ready to assist you throughout your medical journey.