What is a Bentall surgery and who requires it?
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Who requires Bentall surgery?
Bentall surgery is required if there is any kind of heart-related problem with the aorta- the largest artery. Conditions that may require Bentall surgery as a surgical procedure include:
- Aortic dissection is a condition where the inner layer of the aorta gets torn.
- Marfan's syndrome is basically a congenital disease that affects the thickness of the aortic wall and makes it weak.
- An aortic aneurysm is a very common condition that requires Bentall surgery.
- Aortic regurgitation is a heart condition where the aortic valve is unable to close properly.
Bentall surgery complications or risk factors
Every surgical procedure comes with certain complications and risk factors. Similarly, Bentall surgery also has some complications associated with it, some of which include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Short-term memory loss
- Abnormal heart rhythm or Heart arrhythmias
- Blurred vision
- Blood clots in legs or lungs
- Heart attack
- Lung problem
- Kidney problems or kidney failure
- Prolonged need for ventilator
- Internal bleeding
- Low cardiac function
Is Bentall's procedure open-heart surgery?
Bentall surgery is an open heart surgical procedure that is required to repair and replace the aortic valve, aortic root, and other aortic diseases or conditions. As discussed earlier, the aorta is the largest blood vessel that carries oxygenated blood from the heart to the rest of the body. Also, an aortic valve is required to help and prevent the backflow of blood to the heart and any malfunction might require Bentall open surgery best of all the condition and requirements of the patient.
Bentall procedure steps
Firstly, the cardiac surgeon analyzes the condition of the patient and sees if all the vitals are a problem and if a person has optimum blood pressure, blood sugar level, etc. Then, the anesthesiologist provides anesthesia so that the patient can fall asleep.
Then a large cut is made on the chest area and the cardiac surgeon pays to remove the affected part of the aorta and the aortic valves. Then the coronary artery is temporarily removed and an artificial aortic graft is inserted. Then 2 holes are made in the graft and it is attached to the coronary artery in order to resume its function. The entire surgery is a complicated procedure and requires around 4 to 5 hours.
Bentall surgery cost in India
The cost for Bentall surgery depends upon the hospital to hospital and other facilities that are used. Things such as the consultation fee of the doctor, the surgeon consultation fee, the surgery fee of the doctor, the cost of the surgery, the cost of the ICU bed, the cost of medicine, and other factors are also important when we evaluate the cost of an entire surgical procedure. The cost of mental surgery in India ranges from 1,50,000-3,00,000 INR.
How can we help with the treatment?
The following will be provided to you:
- Expert cardiologists, doctors, and surgeon
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated assistance
- Prior appointments with specialists and follow-up queries
- Assistance with medical tests
- Assistance in follow-up queries
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Assistance with therapies
- Travel arrangements
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
Our team offers you the highest quality health travel and tourism and one of the best aftercare to our patients. We have a team of dedicated and passionate health professionals who are always available to assist you throughout your medical stay.