What Are the Seven Warning Signs of Cancer?
Staying healthy and disease-free is something that everyone wishes for; but, exercising and taking care of your body is not always enough to keep life-threatening diseases like cancer at bay. As a result, it is necessary to undertake routine cancer screening in order to detect any abnormalities at an early stage, which will further help in a complete cure for the same. As suggested by our expert oncologists, here are seven warning signs that you need to look for.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
The following is a list of seven symptoms that you shouldn’t ignore. It’s imperative to consult your clinician once you notice the same.
- Changed bowel and bladder habits: Everyone has a regular bowel movement schedule. If this suddenly changes, that is, if people have diarrhea or constipation for days on end, it is necessary to see a doctor.
Most of us have a proclivity to self-medicate or employ home remedies. If that doesn't work in a day or two, you should consult a doctor. This could be a sign of stomach or colorectal cancer. As people's lives change, this type of cancer is becoming more common in India.
Unfortunately, in India, anything related to improper bowel motions is branded as "piles" and is dismissed.
Urine may be colored or deep yellow, or contain blood, depending on bladder habits. Although extremely rare, these symptoms may point to kidney or bladder cancer.
- Appetite loss: Many medical illnesses, ranging from depression to the flu, can cause you to feel less hungry. Cancer can have this effect through altering your metabolism, or the process by which your body converts food into energy.
Cancers of the stomach, pancreas, colon, and ovaries can also exert pressure on your stomach and make you feel too full to eat.
- Unusual bleeding in urine: Blood in your urine could be an indication of a problem with your urinary tract. This symptom can be caused by kidney or bladder cancer, but it could also be caused by an infection, kidney stones, or renal disease.
- Thickening of a lump or swelling: Breast lumps are the most common. According to our oncologists, painful tumors are usually not cancerous. People, on the other hand, are prone to ignoring and dismissing minor bumps.
But it is when we must be extra cautious, he claims. The irony is that, in most cases, pain is the very last indication of cancer. A painless breast lump is more harmful than a painful one. The same is true for men. Men account for 1% of all cases of breast cancer. Unfortunately, because of misinformation and stigma, breast cancer in men is frequently detected late.
Even if a lump emerges unexpectedly in another part of the body, such as the limbs, head, or underarms, you should consult a doctor.
- Inability to swallow: A common symptom of heartburn is the sensation of a lump in your throat. Occasionally, difficulty swallowing can indicate esophageal cancer. Consult your doctor if the sensation persists or worsens.
- Obvious changes in moles: Apply the ABCD Rule.
-Asymmetry- Is the mole the same in all parts or do they differ?
-Borders- Are they crisp or ragged?
-Color- What colors can be noticed in the mole?
-Is the mole larger than the diameter of a pencil eraser (6 mm)?
- Nagging cough-A cold or the flu might cause you to hack, but it's also a potential indication of lung cancer, along with chest pain, weight loss, hoarseness, exhaustion, and shortness of breath. Consult your doctor if you can't manage to get rid of it, especially if you smoke.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you need to undergo hip replacement surgery in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangements for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.