Things You Should Know Before Having Laser Treatment For Eyes
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Understanding the laser eye surgery:
Laser eye surgery is a medical procedure that uses laser technology to correct myopia (short-sightedness), hypermetropia (long-sightedness), and astigmatism (uneven curvature of the eye's surface).
This surgery is performed flawlessly on people of all ages. This laser vision correction technique is performed on the cornea so that light entering the eye from various angles can be focused on the retina for clear and perfect vision.
LASIK is a minimally invasive surgery that attempts to eliminate your reliance on spectacles, glasses, or contact lenses.
Who can under the LASIK procedure?
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria listed below can have LASIK or laser eye surgery.
- The patient is at least 18 years old.
- A patient whose vision is stable for at least one year or so.
- Corneal thickness is sufficient to perform the surgery.
- The eyes are healthy, which means there is no underlying condition that could impair vision.
- The patient is not pregnant.
- She should not breastfeed while having the surgery.
Types of laser surgeries available in India:
As per the leading ophthalmologist in India, there are various kinds of laser treatments available in India that include-
- LASIK-LASIK, or laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses, is one of the most common and safest eye surgeries. After this surgery, your cornea will perform better. Lasik is preferred over PRK because it requires less time to recover and has no postoperative discomfort.
- PRK- is also known as Photorefractive Keratectomy. It is a treatment for all types of eye disorders. It makes use of a laser to produce cool ultraviolet rays. UV rays are aimed directly at the cornea's surface in order to reshape it.
- PRELEX- These are presbyopia corrective measures. A multifocal lens completely replaces a natural lens in this method. As a result, there is no chance of developing cataracts in the future.
- LASEK- This procedure is a combination of both LASIK and PRK.
However, your doctor might perform a number of comprehensive eye tests to decide which one is best for you.
What are the precautions you need to take while undergoing such a procedure?
There are some things you need to keep in mind if you are having laser eye treatment. Although the surgery is pretty safe and effective, you need to maintain the following-
- There is a risk of side effects: Depending on the patient's health, laser surgery may result in some side effects. Although the risk is very low, it should never be completely dismissed.
- Post-Surgery Care Can Be Difficult: After the surgery, the patient must be cautious so that he/she does not injure himself/herself. The patients must take care of their eyes in order to speed up the healing process. Doctors prescribe a few restrictions that the patient must follow religiously in order to gain the full benefits of laser eye surgery.
- Take a dedicated break for the surgery- Laser surgery necessitates that patients take a brief break from their normal routine. Although the operation only takes 15-20 minutes, patients are sometimes required to stay at the hospital for a few hours to the entire day. In some cases, the doctor may request that the patient return for a follow-up visit the day after the surgery.
Benefits of LASIK eye surgery:
The advantages of eye surgeries are many. Undoubtedly the benefits have outweighed the complications(if there are any)
- Corrects vision and provides the patient with perfect vision
- This surgery offers permanent results mean you don't have to worry about your future
- Safer than any other surgery
- Patients had a negligible infection rate.
- There is no danger or damage to your eyes.
- Complications from LASIK surgery are minor.
- Even after surgery, there are no stitches or bandages.
- In less than 2 hours, a patient can resume a normal life.
- There is no pain in the eyes or any other part of the body.
- In every way, it is cost-effective.
How much does the laser treatment for eyes cost in India?
The laser eye surgery cost can vary based on multiple factors that include-
- The location of the hospital or clinic
- The expertise of opthalmologist
- The technology and procedure used
- Screening tests, patient care, admission charge, and surgery aftercare.
The LASIK surgery cost in India ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 90,000. And due to the above-mentioned factors, you should consider INR 8000 to INR 10,000 extra on the surgical expenses.
Why should you consider getting laser eye treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for laser eye treatment operations for a few major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills, and
- Laser treatment for eyes costs in India is among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of laser eye treatments in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, laser eye treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a laser eye treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.