Symptoms Of Various Heart Diseases- Know It All
The annual number of cardiovascular disease fatalities in India is expected to climb from 2.26 million in 1990 to 4.77 million by 2025. Heart disease is considered to be the leading cause of death in India. While heart disease may be deadly, it can be preventable if treated at right time. Knowing the symptoms might help you to get early medical intervention. Here we will discuss the same with our eminent cardiologists in India. Continue reading to earn more.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Who is more prone to heart disease?
- Increased age- People aged around 60 years are at risk of developing cardiac issues.
- Blood pressure-High blood pressure affects arteries over time by increasing artery hardening.
- Cholesterol issues- A high level of ‘bad cholesterol’ — low-density lipoprotein (LDL) — in the blood might cause artery narrowing. A high LDL cholesterol level raises the risk of angina and heart attacks. A high triglyceride level in the blood is also harmful.
- Diabetes- Diabetes raises the risk of coronary artery disease(CAD), which causes angina and heart attacks by hastening atherosclerosis and elevating cholesterol levels.
- Obesity- Obesity raises the risk of heart disease, which can lead to angina. Obesity causes the heart to work harder to provide blood to the body.
- Stress- A high level of stress and anger issues can increase the chances of developing heart problems.
- Drug abuse- cocaine and other drugs can cause an increase in vasospasm(constricted blood vessels) that can lead to angina.
- Family history of blood pressure- inform your doctor if any of your family members (father, mother, or siblings) have a history of cardiac issues.
- Sedentary lifestyle- A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Consult your doctor about the type and amount of exercise that is best for you.
Also, read - Types Of Heart Disease
What are the symptoms of heart disease?
The symptoms of heart disease may vary based on the cause or pathophysiology of the heart problem.
Angina- Chest pain and discomfort are signs of angina. The pain or discomfort in the chest may feel like:
- The feeling of chest compression
- Arms, neck, jaw, shoulder, and back pain are also possible.
Other angina symptoms include:
- Breathing difficulty
Angina can vary in severity, duration, and type.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction-
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms.
Heart arrhythmia- Your heartbeat may be too fast, too slow, or irregular. Signs and symptoms of heart arrhythmia include:
- Your heart is fluttering.
- The heartbeat is racing (tachycardia)
- Heart rate is slow (bradycardia)
- Pain or discomfort in the chest
- Breathing difficulty
- Syncope (fainting) or near-fainting
Also, read - What Causes Valvular Heart Disease
When should you seek medical intervention?
If your chest discomfort lasts more than a few minutes and does not go away when you relax or take your angina meds, it could be an indication of a heart attack.
If chest discomfort is a new symptom for you, it's important that you see your doctor discover the cause and receive the right treatment. If you've been diagnosed with stable angina and it worsens or changes, seek medical attention right once.
Why should you consider getting CVD treatment in India?
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills, and
- heart treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of heart treatment in India.
By simply packing their medical journey to India, pediatric cardiac treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a heart transplant in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment in India and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.