PRF Treatment For Hair Loss: Procedure, Cost, Benefits All You Need To Know
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
To understand how PRP works, it is necessary to first understand the role of platelets in healing.
Platelets, like red and white blood cells, are components of blood. When a person sustains a cut wound, or an injury platelets respond first in the body, arriving at the injured place to stop the bleeding and promote healing.
Researchers hypothesized that extracting concentrated platelets and injecting them into damaged areas of the body can speed up healing.
How is PRP injected back into the scalp?
To create PRP for hair growth, a medical professional will take a blood sample and place it in a centrifuge machine. This machine spins at a high speed, separating the components of the blood.
The platelets are then extracted for injection by the medical professional. Platelet-rich plasma is created from a patient's blood sample and injected into the target area, such as the bald area of the scalp.
Is undergoing PRP therapy for hair loss safe?
PRP for hair loss is considered safe for hair growth stimulation.
- As it does not causes hypersensitivity (allergic reaction)
- It is produced under sterile conditions i.e at every step of preparation and application of PRP, no such risk of contamination is present.
- This can be used effectively for any patient with a medical condition that makes him/her prone to infection.
Tell me how PRP is performed?
PRP therapy consists of three steps. Most PRP treatments require three treatments at an interval of four to six weeks.
Every 4–6 months, maintenance treatments are required.
Your blood is drawn, usually from your arm, and placed in a centrifuge (a machine that spins rapidly to separate fluids of different densities).
Your blood will have separated into three layers after about 10 minutes in the centrifuge:
- platelet-depleted plasma
- platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
The platelet-rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe and injected into areas of the scalp where hair growth is needed.
There hasn't been enough research done to determine whether PRP works. It's also unclear that it's effective under what conditions.
How much does PRF treatment for hair cost in India cost?
Irrespective of the male or female pattern baldness, the cost of a PRP procedure varies depending on the
- type of procedure (whether micro-needling or cell is included)
- the total number of appointments required
- Or the severity of the hair loss.
Apart from this, other factors that can affect the PRF treatment for hair cost in India may include-
- Expertise and experience of the concerned doctor
- Quality of the instruments or necessary equipment
- The status and reputation of the clinic
- The location of the clinic or hospital
It may cost around INR 3000-INR 5000 per session.
The overall treatment may consist of three sessions over eight weeks. Follow-up appointments will be around every three to four months.
What are the benefits of PRP?
As per the cosmetologist and hair specialist, PRP is not the permanent solution for chronic hair loss. At least one treatment per year is necessary to maintain the result of the treatment.
In spite of such limitations, PRP has shown effective results for both male and female baldness.
The PRP injections have stimulated hair growth. It’s also helpful for gaining the lost hair volume and density as well.
This can be used after hair transplantation or after brain surgery(craniotomy) to improve the overall hair growth of the scalp.
Is PRF therapy for hair loss FDA approved?
PRP does not require FDA approval for use. Currently, the FDA has not suggested PRP as a treatment procedure for hair restoration. However, the instrument which is used for preparing PRF should be FDA approved.
Why should you consider getting PRF treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for treating gastric issues for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced surgeons, a few of them are also nominated with ‘center of excellence awards
- India’s hospitable environment,
- PRF treatment cost in India is almost half of the similar procedures in other countries, which ensures the quality of treatment in India is at par with the other countries around the globe.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you need to undergo PRF therapy for hair loss treatment in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
In India, we have world-class hospitals that offer the most advanced cosmetic treatment options that exceed international standards. So, if you're thinking of taking a trip for PRF therapy in India, you can count on us. Our effectiveness as a center for treating cosmetic issues in India has been demonstrated by our treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.