Plan Your Pregnancy With Intrauterine Insemination(IUI)- Here Is How?
In previous times, infertility was a taboo in society, because of which in most cases it went untreated. However, these days infertility is no longer a problem because of advancements in reproductive technology. Fertility treatments make it possible for anyone to have a child at any age. Apart from IVF, one su ch treatment option is IUI which costs significantly lesser than IVF. But before opting for such a procedure, you should be certain about IUI treatment, its success rate, and many more. In this blog, an experienced infertility treatment specialist in India has mentioned the same. Continue reading to know more.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is IUI?
In this fertility treatment, the sperm of your male spouse is directly implanted into the uterus. As a result, healthy sperm will go closer to the matured egg, minimizing the time and distance that sperm must travel to fertilize an egg, making fertilization faster and easier.
The embryo will be spontaneously inserted into the uterine lining after fertilization.
The female uterus naturally conceives it during this process. ‘Donor insemination’ is another name for this process.
When should you choose IUI?
As per the eminent infertility specialist in India, your doctor may consider IUI for your infertility issues, only if-
- the male partner's sperm count is insufficient or low to be productive,
- the female spouse has a hormonal imbalance or a problem with ovulation.
- Endometriosis (mild)
- Obstruction in fallopian tube function
- Antibodies made by the host body have the ability to destroy sperm.
- Sperm that is unable to penetrate the mucosa of the cervical canal.
- Any genetic ailment
- Unexplained infertility
- Ejaculation or erection problems
Who can get benefit from IUI?
Apart from the aforementioned fertility concerns,
- unmarried women who want to conceive
- same-sex couples or LGBT marriages.
- Intrauterine insemination is an excellent treatment option for couples who are aware of specific paternal disorders and do not want to pass them on to their little ones.
How IUI is being helpful in infertility treatment?
Sperm will pass from the vaginal canal through the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tube in a natural insemination procedure.
In intrauterine insemination, on the other hand, the sperm is injected directly into the uterus, closer to the matured egg.
Understanding the step-by-step IUI procedure?
In comparison to other infertility treatment options, intrauterine insemination is a painless, non-invasive, and affordable process.
- The natural cycle of ovulation in women plays a vital role in this technique, thus no medication is administered during the initial stages.
- Your fertility professional will implant the sperm into the uterus during spontaneous ovulation.
- In some circumstances, ovarian stimulation (hCG, FSH) is required, and doctors have suggested taking these hormone supplements to help the ovaries mature over time in specific practices. This method can eventually promote the release of a mature egg or many eggs, which can increase the chances of conception.
- The patient does not require anesthesia, and the entire process is carried out on the examination table with the assistance of your fertility specialist.
- A speculum (surgical device) will be used to gently open your vagina and visualize the cervix through it.
- On the day of the procedure, the male partner or the donor will provide semen, from which sperm will be extracted.
- Your doctor will implant the freshly collected sperms into the uterus using a thin catheter-like flexible tube inserted via your vagina or cervix.
- However, before insemination, all of the collected sperms are cleaned and all seminal fluid and debris are eliminated to concentrate the sperm content and avoid any irritation to the uterine wall.
How long will IUI take to complete?
The embryo implantation surgery will take 30 minutes to an hour.
After the procedure, how long should a patient stay in the hospital?
The patient can go home the same day after the procedure.
What are the chances of successful implantation after IUI treatment?
If you are under 35 years old, you can expect 15 cases of successful implantation, and if you are above 35 years old, your chances will be much lower.
The technique has a near-zero success rate in women over the age of 40. It also relies on the location of any blockages in the fallopian tube or uterus, if any exist.
Difference between IVF or ICSI and IUI procedure-
- Unlike ICSI, the sperm is not directly put into an egg to accomplish fertilization in IUI. As the patient is able to conceive naturally in this process.
- In IVF, fertilization takes place outside of the human body, in a petri dish. In IUI, the sperm is injected into the uterus of the woman.
Why should you consider getting IUI treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for fertility treatment operations for a few major reasons. And if you are searching for the best infertility center in India, we will help you out to find the same.
- India's cutting-edge reproductive techniques,
- medical skills,
- Easy availability to sperm donor clinic in India i.e helpful to carry out infertility treatment procedures such as IUI
- fertility treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of infertility treatment in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, infertility treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of an infertility hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.