Symptoms Of Thyroid Cancer In Females
Thyroid cancer is comparatively rare and the number of reported deaths due to suffering from thyroid cancer is also less. As this can begin as benign growth(nodule) in nature. Usually, this doesn’t cause any symptoms unless the size of the nodule gets larger. However, this can be completely cured by earlier medical intervention. Thyroid cancer can come with a very vague set of symptoms that can often go unnoticed. Women in their prime, preoccupied with work and family, may not even notice. When a doctor eventually diagnoses an underactive thyroid that can cause cancer, it is often a surprise.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Here we have discussed a few sets of thyroid cancer symptoms that every woman should know about.
- Lump in the neck- The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland near the base of your neck, just below Adam's apple. If you find a lump in your neck that can be seen or felt through the skin, it could be a warning indication.
- Radiating pain- Though thyroid cancer is a rare cause of neck pain, pain is usually an indication that something in your body needs to be addressed. If you have pain in your neck or throat that lasts more than a few weeks, consult a doctor to determine what is causing it. The pain sometimes can go up to the jaw or ears( radiating pain). Make a note of it if you encounter any of these additional symptoms.
- Hoarseness in the voice-While this method of detecting thyroid cancer is uncommon, it should be used with caution. Because the thyroid is located directly behind the larynx (voice box), a nodule may stress on this location, causing strange alterations in the voice.
- Trouble swallowing-The thyroid gland is also found near the top of the trachea (windpipe), just above the esophagus (the food pipe). Thyroid cancer in its early stages may put pressure on these issues, making breathing and swallowing difficult.
- Swelling in the neck-Though not all growth of the neck area is malignant (for example, goitre, a symptom of hypothyroidism), an ultrasound of the thyroid can establish whether the nodule is benign or not.
- Constant cough-Another symptom of thyroid cancer is a chronic cough that does not appear to go away on its own.
In the same way that a nodule can make breathing difficult, it can also irritate the trachea, causing a need to cough.
If you are suffering from a chronic cough i.e, not due to a cold and lasts more than a week, consult your physician as soon as possible.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptom, you should keep an eye on the following symptoms-
- The fast growth of the thyroid nodule within a very short period of time.
- You might get a feeling of ‘something gets stuck in your throat.
- Lymph node swelling on the same side of the nodule.
Also, Read - Thyroid Cancer Survival Rate
Why are women more prone to thyroid cancer?
Women are diagnosed with thyroid cancer at a higher rate than men. And, during the last two decades, this gender disparity has risen significantly.
Thyroid diseases are more common in women, which is likely owing to the differing roles of hormones in females and males.
When should you seek medical help?
If you notice a new swelling or lump in your neck, or if an imaging test indicates a thyroid growth by chance, make an appointment with your healthcare professional without any delay.
Your endocrinologist may suggest the following tests-
- Physical examination of the neck
- A number of blood works include- thyroid antibodies, TSH( Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), and T4 level in your blood.
- Ultrasound of thyroid gland.
Also, Read - Is Thyroid Cancer Deadly?
Why should you consider getting cancer treatment in India?
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills,
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Patient rehabilitation services
- Advanced medical equipment
- State-of-the-art surgical techniques for thyroid cancer surgery
- Thyroid surgery costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of thyroid cancer treatment in India.
The patient can significantly benefit from thyroid cancer treatment by just packing their medical tour to India. We also offer a comprehensive range of counselling for coping with emotional changes while getting cancer treatment to our national and international patients as well.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a thyroid cancer treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.