How Much Does An EKG Cost in India?
If your doctor has suggested an EKG test for you, then you may think,” how much does an EKG cost?” Do not postpone the scheduled test, just because of the cost factor. That is why it’s better to have thorough knowledge about the cost of an EKG. Here we have tried to give you an overview of the same. Keep reading to know more.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is EKG?
EKG, or electrocardiogram, is a test that can aid in the diagnosis of cardiac issues. It is also known as an ECG. An EKG, also known as an ECG, measures the rate at which your heart beats and examines its electrical activity.
An EKG also determines whether the heart has been damaged, how effectively it is pumping blood, and whether drugs or technology used to regulate it (for example, a pacemaker) are having an effect.
Also, Read - HSG Test - Benefits, Price, Results
Why do you need an EKG?
EKGs are quick, painless, and safe. Your doctor will be able to accomplish the following with this test:
- Examine your heart rate.
- Examine your blood flow to your heart muscle to see whether it is restricted or not.
- Recognize a heart attack
- Examine any abnormalities i.e thicker or thinner heart muscle( atrophy or hypertrophy)
- Determine whether there are any severe electrolyte abnormalities, such as excess potassium or low calcium.
- The reason for your acute chest pain.
Also, Read - All About an Oncology Test
Cost of EKG in India:
EKG prices may be expensive, but if it can detect any anomalies in your heart and provide knowledge about your heart that may cure you, it is well worth the cost. The cost of EKG can vary based on multiple factors such as-
- The location of the hospital or clinic
- The type of anomaly you have
- The type of EKG you need to undergo
- The overall health of the patient
- The expertise and experience of the doctor
- Amenities available at the hospital
The cost of an EKG can range from INR 290 to INR 900. If other tests are included in the test package, the price may rise a bit.
Also, Read - HbA1C Test: Procedure, Cost, Management
What are the types of EKG?
Your cardiologist may suggest having a specific type of EKG based on your need.
- The ambulatory ECG includes mapping the electrical activity of the heart using portable equipment that can be carried in one's pocket. The device records the activity of the heart for 24 hours and is thus a useful technique for cardiologists to detect cardiac problems.
- Those who are in the hospital for other reasons, such as a cardiac condition, require ECG for regular monitoring of their heart.
- A stress ECG is performed by the individual working out on a treadmill for 10-12 minutes. This test evaluates blood pressure, heart rate, and cardiac function all at the same time.
Also, Read - Why Do You Need To Undergo Vitamin B12 Test?
How to get prepared before an EKG test?
The electrocardiogram test is both effective and painless. As previously stated, it assists the cardiologist in diagnosing a variety of cardiac disorders, hence it is critical for a heart patient to undergo it.
However, there is no need to spend a lot of time preparing for the test. On the day of the test, you should dress comfortably in loose cotton clothing.
Keep any jewelry and accessories at home because metal can interfere with the ECG machine and be dangerous to the individual.
Why should you consider getting cardiac treatment in India?
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills, and
- cardiac treatment and tests cost in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of cardiac treatment in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, cardiac treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a cardiac hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health trip and care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.