Heart Bypass Surgery Cost
Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) is still the most common cardiac surgery technique performed worldwide, with an annual volume of around 200,000 individual cases in the United States alone. This helps to improve the blood pressure in your heart. When the coronary arteries become blocked or damaged, this procedure is performed. The heart does not function correctly if these arteries get obstructed or blood flow is restricted. Here we’ve discussed the heart bypass surgery cost along with the recovery time required after CABG surgery.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is the average cost of heart bypass surgery?
Consumers with health insurance often include doctor visit copays, prescription drug copays, and coinsurance of 10% to 50% or more, which would likely exceed the yearly out-of-pocket maximum. Health insurance usually covers heart surgery.
The cost of the most frequent types of heart surgery for people who do not have health insurance can range from less than $30,000 to over $200,000 or more, depending on the facility, the doctor, and the type of surgery.
Factors that influence the cost of heart bypass surgery include:
The cost of heart bypass surgery may vary based on the following factors, including
- The fee for anesthesiologists
- Consultation fees for your surgeon
- Surgeon’s fee
- Operating fees
- Postoperative follow-up
- Pre and post-operative hospital stays
- Anti-rejection medicines
- Preoperative tests and visits
What are the extra costs that you might expect?
- Extra physical therapy or sessions- Patients often require one or more sessions of physical therapy, which range in price from $50 to $350 per session, to learn how to move without damaging the incision and to learn exercises to aid healing. If necessary, our hospital staff will assist you in completing the cardiac rehabilitation program successfully.
- Cost of medications- Various medications are commonly provided following heart surgery. Depending on the type of operation, they may include warfarin or Plavix to avoid blood clots, a beta-blocker to reduce the heart rate, a statin to lower cholesterol, and an ACE inhibitor to regulate blood pressure and heart failure.
- The insurance premium- the monthly fee that you have to pay towards your medical insurance (if you have any) to keep your plan active. You may also have to pay any co-payments or deductibles.
- Apart from the above-mentioned costs, additional expenses like transportation and caregiving costs can be considered.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are in search of lung cancer treatment in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangements for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.