Gynecomastia Surgery To Remove Man Boobs
if you lack confidence in social situations and are self-conscious about your appearance due to additional saggy tissues in your chest, then you are not alone. For many young boys, an increase in estrogen(female hormone) over testosterone(male hormone) can result in Gynecomastia, or man boobs, which is the swelling of male breast tissues.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is gynecomastia?
Man boobs, also known as gynecomastia, are painless rubbery lumps beneath the nipple surface. It may occasionally produce some sensitivity or discomfort in the area. It can be both unilateral and bilateral.
Also, read - Rhinoplasty Surgery for Nose
Why do need to undergo gynecomastia surgery?
Though gynecomastia surgery is considered cosmetic plastic surgery in India. However, your doctor can suggest you this surgery if-
- It causes psychological damage in young boys, for example.
- It causes him a great deal of embarrassment and
- makes him more concerned about his overall appearance.
Also, read - Why do you need Liposuction?
What are the types of gynecomastia?
- Primary Gynecomastia develops during puberty as a result of a hormonal imbalance in which estrogen outnumbers testosterone.
- Secondary Gynecomastia can develop as a result of gaining weight. Pseudogynecomastia is another name for secondary gynecomastia.
Is it treatable or not? What are the available treatment options for gynecomastia?
With the help of gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction surgery, you may easily get rid of those rounded breasts, love handles around your chest, and creases due to excess fatty tissue around your nipple, and achieve a normal masculine chest, straight silhouette with no crease. There are multiple ways to achieve this-
- Liposuction—using ultrasound liposuction, such breast tissues can be easily removed.
- Gland removal-Breast glands are often removed with mastectomy during this treatment to reduce the possibilities of recurrence after surgery.
- Medications- your doctor may prescribe you some medicines that may be helpful for treating gynecomastia.
Also, read - What Causes Webbed Toes Surgery & Its Treatment?
When should you see a doctor for gynecomastia?
You can consult your doctor if-
- You are feeling pain, tenderness, or discomfort around the nipple.
- Prominent swelling
- Liquid discharge from one or both the nipples.
Precautions before gynecomastia surgery-
- Ask your surgeons about the operation and get all of your doubts answered.
- Make sure your doctor is aware of all of your past and present medical history.
- You should also tell if you are sensitive or allergic to anything or if you are using any herbal supplements.
- If you are taking any medications, especially blood thinners such as aspirin, you should tell your doctor and discontinue or alter the amount of those medications prior to surgery, as directed by your doctor.
- 6 hours before surgery, do not eat or drink anything.
- Before surgery, you should shave your chest and underarms.
- Make sure you're dressed comfortably before surgery.
How long do you have to stay in the hospital after surgery?
Male breast reduction surgery is typically performed under local anesthetic, allowing the patient to leave the hospital on the very same day.
Make sure that someone is present to accompany the patient once he or she is discharged from the hospital.
How can we help you with post-operative care?
-Your surgeon will wrap your chest in dressings once your breast removal surgery is done to ensure optimal healing.
-To drain extra fluid and reduce swelling, small tubes may be inserted into your chest.
- Before you leave the hospital, your surgeon will go through proper dressing care with you.
Also, read - Almond Eye Surgery - Why does it require?
Where can I get before and after-surgery pictures?
To get a better image of the outcome, you can always ask your surgeon for feedback from prior patients as well as some pre-op and post-op photos. You can always contact us if you want to learn more.
Why should you consider getting gynecomastia surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for cosmetic plastic surgery for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced gynecomastia surgery doctors in India, a few of them are also nominated with ‘center of excellence awards.
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Gynecomastia surgery costs in India are comparatively lesser than the same surgery cost in other countries, which ensures the quality of cosmetic surgery in India is at par with the other countries around the globe.
Also, read - Stem Cell Therapy for Hair
How can we help you with the treatment?
If you need to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery hospitals in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion- In India, we have world-class hospitals that offer the most advanced cosmetic treatment options that exceed international standards. So, if you're thinking of taking a trip for plastic surgery in India, you can count on us. Our effectiveness as a center for cosmetic surgery in India has been demonstrated by our treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.