Getting To Know The Various Types Of Heart Disease
Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) have become the leading cause of death worldwide.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Most cardiovascular illnesses can be avoided by addressing behavioural risk factors such as cigarette use, poor diet and obesity, physical inactivity, and excessive alcohol consumption.
It is critical to recognize the cardiovascular illness as early as possible in order to begin treatment with counselling and medications. Here we have discussed the various types of CVDs.
Keep on reading to learn more.
What causes cardiovascular disease?
The causes of cardiovascular disease differ based on the type of cardiovascular illness. Coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease, for example, are caused by atherosclerosis (plaque buildup in the arteries).
Arrhythmias can be caused by coronary artery disease, scarring of the heart muscle, genetic issues, or due to intake of drugs and medication. Valve disease can be caused by aging, infections, or rheumatic disease.
What are the symptoms of various heart diseases?
The symptoms of heart disease can differ based on the cause of heart disease.
- For abnormal heart rhythm or arrhythmia-
- Chest pain
- Pounding heart
- Shortness of breath
- For heart valve disease-
A murmur in the heart.
- If your heart is not pumping right-
Swelling in the lower body
- If there’s some problem with your heart lining-
Sharp chest pain
Breathing is difficult.
Your lower body is swollen.
- For congenital heart disease(you’re born with some problem)-
Murmur in the heart.
Inability to cope with exercise.
Risk factors associated with heart disease?
As per our expert cardiologists, the following are the factors that can make you more prone to developing heart disease.
- High blood pressure
- Chronic alcohol intake
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Preexisting heart issues like untreated congenital heart problems
- Gestational diabetes
- Family history of heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Intake of fatty diet
- Diet with excess salt or sugar
What are the various types of heart diseases?
- Arrhythmia: A problem with your heart's electrical conduction system that can result in abnormal heart rhythms or heart rates.
- Valve disease: A problem with your heart's valves (the structures that allow blood to move from one chamber to another or blood vessel), such as valve tightness or leaking.
- Coronary artery disease: A problem with your heart's blood vessels, such as blockages.
- Congenital heart disease: A heart problem i.e present at birth and can affect various regions of the heart.
- Pericardial disease refers to problems with the lining of your heart, such as pericarditis and pericardial effusion.
- Cerebrovascular disease: A problem with the blood vessels that provide oxygen and nutrients to the brain, such as constriction or blockages.
- Deep vein thrombosis is a blockage in the veins, which are the vessels that return blood from your brain/body to your heart.
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD): A problem with the blood vessels in your arms, legs, or abdomen, such as narrowing or blockages.
- Aortic disease: A problem with the big blood vessel(aorta) that connects your heart to your brain and the rest of your body, such as dilatation or aneurysm.
Also, Read - Symptoms Of Various Heart Diseases- Know It All
Why should you consider getting CVD treatment in India?
India is the most favored place for cardiac treatment operations for a few major reasons. And if you are searching for the best heart hospital in India, we will help you to find the same.
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills, and
- heart treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of heart treatment in India.
By simply packing their medical journey to India, pediatric cardiac treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
You might be interested in reading - 10 Best Bypass Surgery Hospitals in India
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a heart hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.