Getting To Know The Reasons For Valvular Heart Disease
If you have recently been diagnosed with heart disease, you might be overwhelmed with the thought of having it. However, there are multiple treatment options available these days based on the type of cardiac problem you have. Here we have discussed valvular heart diseases, the cause, symptoms, and many more in detail.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is Valvular heart disease?
The heart is made up of four chambers. The top chambers are referred to as the left and right atrium, while the lower chambers are referred to as the left and right ventricles.
The four valves at the exit of each chamber keep blood flowing one way through the heart to the lungs and the rest of the body.
Valvular heart disease occurs when any of the heart's valves are damaged or diseased. And they don’t function the way they should.
Also, read - Hole in Heart Surgery Cost in India
What are the symptoms associated with heart disease?
As per cardiologists, mild to moderate heart valve disease may not cause any severe symptoms. However, you may experience certain symptoms at the severe stages. This include-
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeats
- Leg swelling
- Abdominal pain due to enlarged liver( in case of tricuspid valve disorder)
However, the above-mentioned symptoms can occur due to other medical conditions too. Consult your doctor whenever you are feeling such symptoms without delay.
Also, read - Can Heart Patients Lift Weights
What are the causes of valvular heart disease:
When one or more of the heart valves fails to open or close properly, this is referred to as heart valve disease. Multiple valvular heart disease occurs when it affects more than one heart valve.
Stenosis occurs when the aperture of the valve narrows and inhibits blood flow.
When a valve slips out of place or the valve flaps (leaflets) do not close properly, this is referred to as prolapse.
Regurgitation occurs when blood seeps backward through a valve, which can occur as a result of prolapse.
Valvular heart disease is caused by a variety of factors, including congenital diseases (being born with it), infections, degenerative conditions (wearing out with age), and conditions associated with other types of heart disease.
- Congenital heart valve disease- this is a heart valve abnormality, such as the absence of one of its leaflets. A bicuspid aortic valve, with two leaflets rather than three, is the most typically affected valve with a congenital abnormality.
- Endocarditis - it’s a serious infection in the blood that causes an infection of the inner lining of the heart The infection might become lodged in the heart valves and cause damage to the leaflets.
- Rheumatic heart valves- This can occur if an infection caused by the bacterium that causes strep throat is not treated with antibiotics. Scarring of the heart valve may result from the infection. This is the most common cause of valve disease around the world. Initially, it can be treated with a dose of antibiotics.
- Atherosclerosis-Atherosclerosis is the accumulation of plaque on the inside of a blood artery. Plaque is a combination of fat, calcium, and cholesterol.
- Heart failure-Heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to pump enough blood and oxygen to support the body's other organs.
- High blood pressure-
- Heart attack- myocardial infarction is another name for heart attack. This can damage the cardiac muscles that control the opening and closing of the heart valves.
Other than the above-mentioned reasons syphilis( a sexually transmitted disease), myxomatous degeneration( a connective tissue disorder), and cardiac changes due to aging are other reasons.
How certain heart conditions are treated?
As per the severity of the heart conditions, treatment is provided. Conditions can be treated by medications, surgery i.e heart valve repair or heart valve replacement can be done as per requirement.
Why should you consider getting CVD treatment in India?
- India's cutting-edge techniques,
- medical skills, and
- heart treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of heart treatment in India.
Also, read - 9 Ways To Keep Your Heart Healthy
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a heart valve replacement surgeon in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, pediatric cardiac treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.