Gastric Banding Surgery: How Does It Help In Losing Weight?
If you are tired of doing exercises and finally have decided to undergo weight loss surgery, then you have multiple options for yourself. You can explore these options with your doctor. Your surgeon may use restrictive surgeries as a superior option for you. Gastric banding is one such bariatric surgery that can reduce your stomach size. Then you feel full after a small bite and can lose weight.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
So, keep reading!
What is Gastric band surgery?
Gastric banding is a weight-loss surgery performed laparoscopically. A band is wrapped around the upper region of your stomach to create a tiny pouch that can hold food. The band restricts the amount of food you can consume by making you feel full after only a few bites.
Later your surgeon can adjust the band for passing the food slowly or quickly, based on the patient’s requirement.
Also, read - Weight Loss Solution
Why do you need gastric banding surgery?
As per our expert's experience in obesity surgery in India, gastric banding surgery is used to treat
- severe obesity, which is associated with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, and arthritis.
- It is recommended for persons who have tried and failed to lose weight in the past. When you lose a large amount of weight, your risk of developing several weight-related health issues decreases.
- If you can't lose weight any other way, adjustable gastric banding may be able to help you live longer.
Also, read - Bariatric Surgery For Weight Loss
How will your surgeon perform Gastric banding surgery?
The complete surgery will take 30-60 minutes. After making an incision(cut) on your abdomen,
- one small tube is linked to the band and is accessible through a port put beneath the skin in this surgery.
- To inflate the band, a saline solution is pumped into it. By inflating or deflating the band around it, the degree of restriction or relaxation can be changed.
- A little pouch-shaped stomach is made by placing the band on the upper side of the stomach. This will help to limit the amount of food that a stomach can hold after a little meal.
The entire treatment will be carried out under the influence of general anesthesia, so patients will not experience any pain.
Benefits of getting gastric banding surgery?
You can get multiple benefits that come along with the gastric banding surgery-
- You will get rid of obesity
- No lack of nutrient absorption, unlike gastric bypass surgery.
- Lesser risk of diabetes(type-2), blood pressure, cholesterol
- You will feel enthusiastic
- Quality of life will be improved
Also, read - Weight Loss Surgery Diet Before and After
What should you expect after this bariatric surgery?
- For the next two to three weeks after surgery, your diet will consist primarily of liquids and pureed foods.
- After that, you can take soft foods, followed by ordinary foods.
- After around 6 weeks, you can return to a regular diet, but in lesser quantity.
- You'll need to consume smaller meals as part of the necessary lifestyle modifications.
- Before swallowing, you'll need to chew your food carefully and repeatedly into a watery slurry.
- You should also consume a low-sugar, high-protein, vitamin, and mineral-rich diet.
- You'll need to take daily supplements as directed because you'll be at high risk for nutritional deficiencies for the rest of your life.
- You'll also need to be monitored by a doctor to ensure that you don't develop any nutritional issues.
Also, read - Is gastric sleeve surgery effective for weight loss?
Why should you consider getting gastric banding surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for weight loss surgery treatment for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced surgeons,
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Gastric banding surgery costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality health care.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you need to undergo gastric banding treatment in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion-There are world-class hospitals in India that provide the greatest weight loss treatment facilities that meet international standards. So, if you're considering a trip to get your obesity surgery in India, you can count on us. We have proved our efficiency as the center for weight loss surgery in India, through our treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.