Diet After Stent Implant- What to Consume and What Not?
Heart disease has cast its shadow over India in the last few decades. As per research, one out of four Indians dies in CVD(cardiovascular disorder). While stent placement is not the only solution, it’s time that we take care of our heart after surgery.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
Understanding angioplasty- How diet can affect the treatment outcome after angioplasty?
The arteries of your heart might get clogged or restricted as a result of an accumulation of cholesterol, cells, or fatty plaques.
As a result, the flow of blood to your heart may be reduced, causing chest tightness or blood clots, and finally leading to a heart attack.
The angioplasty procedure can be life-saving to open up the clogged arteries by placing a stent inside the artery. But can not cure atherosclerosis or narrowing of blood vessels.
With minimal dietary changes, you can reduce the risk of developing heart diseases by severalfold.
Diet after stent implant- What to consume?
A well-balanced diet enriched with heart-protective nutrients can help your heart to score a long run. Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, dietary fibers are necessary to improve your overall cardiovascular health, lower the cholesterol level and prevent any recurrent plaque build-up after angioplasty or stent placement.
Here is a list of foods that you can depend on -
- Fresh fruits and vegetables- Yes, you read it right! 3-4 servings of fresh fruit and veggies are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fibers. While these low-calorie foods can help you to stay active throughout the day and take good care of your health too.
Do not add those toppings loaded with cheese, butter, or high sauce.
Avoid having canned juice with added sugar or salt.
- Nuts- It is beneficial to consume these on a daily basis. Cashews are high in zinc, iron, and magnesium, whereas almonds are high in calcium and Vitamin E. Walnuts are highly recommended since they are abundant in omega 3 and are known antioxidants. They also play an important role in reducing LDL.
- Sprouts and legumes- Sprouts and legumes (beans, peas, and lentils) are another wonderful source of critical nutrients and low-fat protein, providing fiber and protein to keep your stomach full for extended periods of time. They also lower the chances of heart disease. Sprouts should be consumed in two portions each day.
- Healthy oils-Not all fats are unhealthy, in fact, a few are necessary for the body's vital functioning and for lubricating joints. Olive oil and peanut oil are two examples. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) are preferred.
- Freshly brewed tea-When you're in the need of something relaxing and peaceful, opt for freshly made tea rather than packaged one. Tea high in flavonoids may reduce the risk of developing heart issues.
- Whole grains- choose whole grains instead of processed flour. Rich in fibers and helps to reduce the cholesterol content from your blood.
- Stay hydrated- There is no better way to compensate for fluid loss than to drink more water. When you're sick, your body needs a lot of water to function, fight viruses, eliminate toxins, and replace lost fluids.
Caffeinated beverages should be avoided since they increase water loss through the kidneys and increase heart palpitation as well.
- Poultry and fish- Not all protein sources are good for your health. Because they contain less saturated fat than red meat, fish and poultry are considered ideal choices.
Just remember to cook them in a healthy method, such as broiling, baking, or poaching, and stay away from high-fat sauces and gravies.
Fatty fish, such as salmon, trout are high in beneficial fats known as omega-3 fatty acids.
What should you avoid after stent placement?
- Avoid having fatty foods, foods with added preservatives or sugars.
- Limit coffee intake.
- Restrict your salt intake too. This will help to lower your blood pressure and reduce the overall workload of your heart.
- Processed fish or meats are not good for your heart. Stay away from red meat as well.
Apart from this, while COVID-19 has affected India’s health care system, our panel of cardiologists has recommended the negative impact of this virus on one’s heart. So to stay hale and hearty, start following the diet regimen.
Why should you consider getting a stent implant in India?
India is the most favored place for heart treatment operations for a few major reasons. And if you are searching for the best heart hospital in India, we will help you out to find the same.
- India's cutting-edge reproductive techniques,
- medical skills
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Personalized diet chart for faster healing for post-surgery recovery
- Heart treatment costs in India are among the best in the world, as our patients need affordable and quality outcomes.
All these have significantly increased the success rate of stent implant treatment in India.
Conclusion-By simply packing their medical journey to India, heart treatment can substantially benefit the patient. We also offer a comprehensive range of counseling for coping with emotional changes to our international patients.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you are in search of a cancer treatment hospital in India, we will serve as your guide throughout your treatment and will be physically present with you even before your treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality health care to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health professionals that will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.