What Are the Factors Affecting Chemotherapy Costs in India?
Cancer is considered one of the few dreaded life-threatening diseases, i.e., currently on the global radar. As per the report, cancer cases in India have increased at an average annual rate of 1.1-2% from 2010-2019. Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy, and more recent developments like targeted therapy are some of the treatment modalities for cancer. Chemotherapy is a treatment option for cancer that acts by killing cancer cells with various drugs and medicines. Before undergoing such treatment, you should learn about the cost of the same. We’ve covered the topic in this article so that you can budget for cancer treatment accordingly.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What are the factors affecting chemotherapy costs in India?
The following are the factors that can affect the overall cost of cancer treatment.
- Cancer type: The cost of chemotherapy varies according to the type of cancer. The number of chemotherapy sessions is determined by the type of cancer, and the chemotherapy cost is calculated accordingly.
- Cancer stage: This has a significant impact on chemotherapy costs. If cancer is detected in its early stages, the cost of chemotherapy is relatively low (stages I and II). If the cancer is detected at an advanced stage, the cost is relatively high (stages III and IV).
Chemotherapy is sometimes used in conjunction with other treatments such as surgery or radiation therapy. As a result, the cost will differ depending on the treatment plan chosen for each patient.
- The location of the hospital or clinic: The cost of chemotherapy in India is also affected by the treatment location. In general, where the cost of living is high, so is the cost of treatment. Chemotherapy costs will be higher in major cities, such as hospitals in Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Chennai, than in other cities. In addition, treatment quality will be improved in these cities.
- Hospital Type: Another factor that influences chemotherapy costs is the type of hospital you choose. Chemotherapy costs, for example, are much lower in government hospitals in India than in private institutions. Private hospitals, on the other hand, will undoubtedly provide better care.
- The dose of the drug: chemotherapy treatment costs can also vary based on the required dose for the patient. As a rule of thumb, a person with a higher body mass may require a larger dose in comparison to a person with a lower body mass.
Also, read- Chemotherapy Side Effects
Chemotherapy costs in India
The course of treatment will be decided by your doctor. The treatment can be given to the patients in three ways, which include oral, intravenous(IV), and through injections. Generally, the cost may vary depending on the way in which it’s given.
The price of oral chemotherapy may range from Rs. 55,000 to Rs. 70,000. If it had been given through IV, the cost might have ranged from Rs.70,000 to Rs.1,00,000.
How can we help with the treatment?
If you are in search of prostate cancer treatment in India, we will serve as your guide throughout the treatment. Our health trip advisors will be physically present with you even before the medical treatment begins. The following will be provided to you:
- Opinions of expert physicians and surgeons
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance with hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are dedicated to offering the highest quality medical tourism in India to our patients. We have a team of highly qualified and devoted health trip advisors who will be by your side from the beginning of your journey.