Breast Lift Surgery: Say No To Sagging Breasts
Your breasts lose their flexibility and firmness as you age. This process can be accelerated by pregnancy, lactation, weight gain, or sudden weight loss. If your breasts have begun to sag or droop, you may want to make them taught and toned.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, is a plastic surgeon-performed operation that alters the shape of your breasts. Your surgeon will remove the excess skin and tissues to raise the breasts during a breast lift.
Why do you need to undergo a breast lift?
These are performed to correct ptosis or sagging of your breasts. This causes due to expansion of skin from
- weight gain or
- aging, and failure of that skin to contract again
- If you have lost shape or you have a flatter breast
- Nipples fall below your breast creases
- If nipples face downwards
- The ratio of areola surrounding the nipple is getting larger
- Or areola gets stretched out
How can we help you for getting prepared for surgery?
You should discuss the following before surgery with your doctor-
- Your past and present medical history
- Whether you have undergone any breast-related surgery previously
- Ask your doctor about breast lift surgery (if you have any)
- Discuss your expectation after surgery with your doctor
- To have a mammogram, our medical personnel will help you out with this.
- Not to take any medications on your own
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption before surgery, as this may interfere with the recovery process
- Gain a healthy weight
- Arrange for house help before surgery.
How breast lift surgery is performed?
As per our experts practicing in breast lift surgery hospitals in India, the methods for removing breast skin and reshaping breast tissue may differ. The placement of the incisions and the surgical technique will be determined by your plastic surgeon. Following are the three types of cuts, your surgeon might prefer-
- Along the areola
- From the areolae to the breast creases(vertical incision)
- Along the breast creases(horizontal incision)
Your doctor may rearrange your breast tissue and, if necessary,
Excess breast skin will be removed, and the nipples will be shifted to a higher position.
Your doctor will then use stitches, surgical tape, or skin adhesives to close the incisions and pull the breast skin together.
The process usually takes two to three hours, and you will be discharged on the very same day.
What can you expect after breast lift surgery?
- Your breasts will most likely be wrapped in gauze and a surgical support bra after a breast lift.
- To drain any excess blood or fluid, little tubes may be put at the incision sites in your breasts.
- For around two weeks, your breasts will be inflamed.
- For a few months, you'll likely experience pain and soreness around the incisions, which will be red or pink.
- Nipple numbness, areolae numbness, and breast skin numbness might last up to six weeks.
What instructions should you follow during the recovery period after breast lift surgery?
- Take pain medicine as suggested by your doctor after your breast lift surgery.
- Avoid bending, lifting, and straining.
- To relieve pressure on your breasts, sleep on your back or side.
- For at least one to two weeks, refrain from sexual activity.
- Check with your doctor to see when it's safe to resume normal activities like hair washing, showering, and bathing.
- Drainage tubes are usually inserted near your incisions and removed after a few days.
- Your doctor will most likely alter or remove your bandages when removing the tubes.
- Discuss when your stitches will be removed with your doctor. Some stitches are self-dissolving. Others must be removed one to two weeks following the surgery in the doctor's office.
- Wear the surgical support bra all day and night for three or four days.
- For the next three to four weeks after the surgery, you should wear a soft support bra.
- To encourage healing, your doctor may recommend placing silicone tape or gel on your incisions.
Would I have scarring after surgery?
You may get some small scars after surgery, but those will fade out over time. Newer techniques can reduce the scarring significantly. To maintain the outcome for a longer time, have a healthy weight.
Why should you consider getting breast lift surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for cosmetic plastic surgery for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced breast lift surgery doctors in India, a few of them are also nominated with ‘center of excellence awards.
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Breast lift surgery costs in India are lesser than similar surgery costs in other countries, which ensures the quality of cosmetic surgery in India is at par with the other countries around the globe.
How can we help you with the treatment?
If you need to undergo cosmetic plastic surgery in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion- In India, we have world-class hospitals that offer the most advanced cosmetic treatment options that exceed international standards. So, if you're thinking of taking a trip for breast lift surgery in India, you can count on us. Our effectiveness as a center for cosmetic surgery in India has been demonstrated by our treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.