Bariatric Surgery For Weight Loss: Which One Is Best For You?
For most of us losing weight seems like a challenging task. In today’s world, almost half of the world's population is suffering from obesity. Though the conventional way is to shed some extra pounds through a healthy diet, exercise, lifestyle changes, and intermittent fasting.
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
What is bariatric surgery?
They are done using minimally invasive surgical procedures and tiny incisions (laparoscopic and robotic surgery). The purpose of these procedures is to alter the stomach and intestines in order to treat obesity and other disorders.
The operations may cause the stomach to shrink and a part of the intestine to be bypassed. This leads to a decrease in food intake and a shift in how the body absorbs food for energy, resulting in reduced hunger and more fullness. These procedures help to maintain a healthy weight.
What are the types of bariatric surgery?
There are multiple options for undergoing such a surgery. Your surgeon will choose the best option for you. Types of surgeries include-
- Sleeve gastrectomy-During this surgical procedure, your doctor will remove a piece of your stomach and narrow it down to a banana-shaped or sleeve-sized stomach.
In this treatment, the outer curved side of the stomach is excised, which is also responsible for the production of appetite-stimulating hormones. Hence you will have a smaller amount of food.
- Adjustable gastric band surgery-Gastric banding is a type of laparoscopic weight-loss surgery. A band is stretched around your upper stomach to create a small pouch that can hold food. By making you feel full after only a few bites, the band limits the amount of food you can eat.
Later, depending on the patient's needs, your surgeon can alter the band to pass the food slowly or swiftly.
- Gastric bypass surgery-Gastric bypass surgery reduces the size of the stomach, allowing it to hold a smaller amount of food and resulting in weight loss.
Why do you need to undergo bariatric surgery?
Apart from losing weight, it can also reduce the risk of developing potentially harmful weight-related conditions like-
- Stroke and heart disease
- High blood pressure
- NAFLD, also known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, is a type of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NASH)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (sleep deprivation)
- Diabetes( type 2)
Typically, bariatric surgery is performed only after you've attempted to lose weight through your diet and exercise routines.
What can you expect after surgery?
- You won't be able to eat solid food for one to two days after weight-loss surgery to allow your stomach and digestive system to heal.
- After that, you'll stick to a strict diet for a few weeks.
- The diet starts with simply liquids, then moves on to pureed, extremely soft foods, and finally ordinary foods.
- Many restrictions may apply to how much and what you can eat and drink.
- During the first few months after weight-loss surgery, you'll also have regular medical exams to monitor your health.
- Laboratory testing, blood tests, and clinical examination may be required.
What are the benefits of undergoing such a procedure?
As per our doctors practicing bariatric surgery hospital in India, other than losing weight, it will help to reduce-
- Blood pressure
- Fatty liver disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Sleep apnea
You will also feel enthusiastic and can lead a daily life as well.
Why should you consider getting bariatric surgery in India?
India is the most favored place for weight loss surgery treatment for three major reasons.
- India's cutting-edge technology,
- medical skills,
- Board-certified and experienced surgeons, a few of them are also nominated with ‘center of excellence awards
- India’s hospitable environment,
- Bariatric surgery costs in India are almost 20-25% of the same surgery cost in other countries, which ensures the quality of weight loss surgery in India is at par with the other countries around the globe.
How can we help in the treatment?
If you need to undergo bariatric treatment in India, we act as your guide throughout your treatment journey and will be present physically with you even before your treatment is started. We will provide you with the following:
- Expert physicians and surgeon’s opinions
- Transparent communication
- Coordinated care
- Prior appointment with specialists
- Assistance in hospital formalities
- 24*7 availability
- Arrangement for travel
- Assistance for accommodation and healthy recovery
- Assistance in emergencies
We are committed to providing the best health care services to our patients. We have a team of trained and highly dedicated health experts who will be there by your side right from the beginning of your journey.
Conclusion- In India, we have world-class hospitals that offer the most advanced weight-loss treatment options that exceed international standards. So, if you're thinking of taking a trip for obesity surgery in India, you can count on us. Our effectiveness as a center for weight loss surgery in India has been demonstrated by our treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction.