AIIMS Hospital: Comprehensive Ophthalmology Care
Book free consulting session with HealthTrip expert
1. Eye Examinations: AIIMS Hospital provides comprehensive eye examinations to assess the overall health of the eyes. These examinations may include tests to evaluate visual acuity, refractive errors (such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism), eye muscle coordination, color vision, and peripheral vision.
2. Refractive Errors: AIIMS Hospital offers services for correcting refractive errors, such as prescribing glasses or contact lenses. They use advanced technologies and techniques to determine the appropriate prescription and provide customized solutions for vision correction.
3. Cataract Diagnosis and Surgery: Cataracts are a common eye condition characterized by clouding of the natural lens, leading to blurry vision. AIIMS Hospital specializes in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of cataracts. They employ modern surgical techniques, including phacoemulsification, to remove cataracts and restore clear vision.
4. Glaucoma Management: Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that damage the optic nerve, leading to vision loss. AIIMS Hospital offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and management of glaucoma. They use various diagnostic tools to assess intraocular pressure, optic nerve health, and visual field loss. Treatment options may include eye drops, laser therapy, or surgical interventions.
5. Retinal Disorders: AIIMS Hospital provides specialized care for various retinal disorders, including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal detachments. They offer diagnostics such as fundus photography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and fluorescein angiography. Treatment options may include intravitreal injections, laser therapy, or retinal surgery.
6. Corneal Disorders: AIIMS Hospital has expertise in managing corneal diseases and conditions, such as corneal infections, corneal dystrophies, and corneal trauma. They offer corneal evaluations, corneal topography, and advanced corneal transplant surgeries (keratoplasty) to restore vision.
7. Pediatric Ophthalmology: AIIMS Hospital provides comprehensive eye care for children, including early diagnosis and management of conditions like amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (misaligned eyes), and refractive errors. They offer pediatric-specific diagnostic techniques and treatments to optimize visual development in children.
8. Oculoplastic and Orbit: AIIMS Hospital has a dedicated department for oculoplasty and orbit disorders. They diagnose and manage conditions related to eyelids, tear ducts, and eye socket abnormalities. Surgical procedures like eyelid reconstruction, tear duct surgery, and orbital tumor removal are performed by skilled oculoplastic surgeons.
9. Low Vision Rehabilitation: AIIMS Hospital offers low vision rehabilitation services for individuals with significant visual impairment that cannot be fully corrected with glasses, contact lenses, or surgery. The team of specialists helps patients maximize their remaining vision through the use of assistive devices, adaptive techniques, and visual training.
10. Ocular Oncology: AIIMS Hospital has a specialized division for ocular oncology, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of eye tumors. The team of experts employs advanced imaging techniques, including ultrasound and optical coherence tomography, to evaluate and manage ocular tumors. Treatment options may include laser therapy, cryotherapy, chemotherapy, or surgical interventions.
11. Uveitis and Inflammatory Eye Diseases: AIIMS Hospital provides comprehensive care for uveitis and other inflammatory eye diseases. They offer accurate diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of these conditions, which may involve the use of immunosuppressive medications, intraocular injections, and specialized monitoring of systemic involvement.
12. Research and Education: AIIMS Hospital is actively involved in ophthalmic research and education. The hospital conducts cutting-edge research to advance the understanding of eye diseases and develop innovative treatment modalities. Additionally, they provide training programs for aspiring ophthalmologists, optometrists, and allied eye care professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of comprehensive ophthalmology.
13. Teleophthalmology: AIIMS Hospital also utilizes teleophthalmology services to provide accessible eye care to patients in remote areas. Through telemedicine technologies, patients can connect with ophthalmologists for virtual consultations, remote diagnosis, and follow-up care, reducing the need for travel and improving access to specialized eye care.
14. Collaborative Approach: AIIMS Hospital emphasizes a collaborative approach to patient care. Ophthalmologists work closely with other medical specialists, such as neurologists, endocrinologists, and rheumatologists, to manage eye conditions associated with systemic diseases. This interdisciplinary collaboration ensures comprehensive and holistic care for patients with complex ophthalmic conditions.
Overall, comprehensive ophthalmology care at AIIMS Hospital encompasses a wide range of services to address various eye conditions and diseases. The hospital's commitment to advanced diagnostics, state-of-the-art treatments, research, and education contributes to the delivery of high-quality eye care and positive patient outcomes.